Mag Troubles

i bought a bunch of thompson mags 10 months ago from Sportsmans guide...i ended up sending 1/2 of them back they were in such back condition. well i have 4 of them that wont stay in the gun..they drop out...the hold that engages the mag latch is elongated...if i hold the mag latch they will stay in..as soon as i let go they drop....my round hold mags work perfect...a nice CLICK is heard

toss these mags? any way to fix?

1 swc

1 seymore

2 us 30 cartridge

so they are old mags

what are they worth? anyone interested?

now that i look i can see someone carved out the top of the hole just a tiny bit

they arent my best looking mags, but they arent that bad either

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/DSCN4984_zpsxen0qgae.jpg

Edited by huggytree

Hi Huggy,

IMHO, they don't look like they should fall out. Check to make sure that the mag release lever moves down so that the hole your finger goes through in the trigger guard is lined up with the bottom edge of the release lever with a magazine inserted. There should be a significant spring force keeping the lever aligned to the top edge of the trigger guard. If you have a spare lower from a parts kit lying about I'd try them in the alternate lower.

Grasshopper

i have soooo many thompson mags...and these are the only 4 with issues and the only difference i can see is the holes arent perfectly round...its easier to toss them on GB and sell.......the other mags work great...ive tried over a dozen......i agree could be a mag spring though and will keep an eye on it in the future...its 77 years old.....im sure well past the spings liftspan

thanks!