Question On 30 Rd. Magazine Markings

I was going through my colleciton of non-descript magazines and discovered one Seymour 30 round with a V stamped on the bottom of the face. I checked AT2 and didn't see a reference but there is a pic on 338 of an experimental Crosby mag with the same V. Anyone know what it is?

I have a 30 rd. Seymour magazine (modified for semi-auto) with a "V" stamped into the lower face. I was wondering what that was too. I also have some 30 rd. Seymour mags (modified) if anyone is interested.

Arty,

If I didn't know the high level of regard in which alll your opinons are held by the majority of the board members I'd think you were pulling my leg.

Do you mind if I quote you as my expert source when I put this historically significant item up on eBay?

This topic was discussed in a thread back in December 2003 (V marked mags). I don't know that anybody ever did find an answer.

As I said in that post, I doubt the V was for victory since it shows up in one of the Crosby mags that was used to develop the XXX mag. That was long before VE or VJ days.

Phil, they are definitely looking at a V stamp, not the Brit broad arrow.

I have one that is nickle plated. It is a big "V" for sure. Someone bastardized it for a semi gun, but it still looks cool. Tracie had mine at the NRA show in Pa. a couple years back.