Thompson M1 Semi Auto Recoil Spring Question

Gentlemen !

I'm the proud owner of a 2004 Kahr Arms M1 semi auto. On the few times that I've taken it to the shooting range, I almost broke my fingers to get it cocked. So an extending bolt / charging handle was ordered.

Now while browsing the web I've read somewhere that there are also some reduced weight easy-pull recoil springs available,

and on the contrary,

Wolff gunsprings sells some extra power recoil springs.

Would not one or the other lead to FTF or FTE ? Who has experimented with both and can give me a lowdown ?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

The ezpull springs equal the Full auto spring pull, and I know the bolt it a bit lighter thus there may be a bit more recoil force, but there is a buffer in these that is not in a standard Kahr semi auto. Also take a look at the back of the receiver, its massive to say the least. The only issue with the ezpull springs is that that standard Kahr semi auto has very rough surfaces inside the bolt and on the firing pin. These must usually be polished by complete dissassembly then the ezpull springs work fine. If the gun has been shot a fair amount, the surfaces will likely have polished themselves to the point that it won't be necessary to dissassemble.

I can sell you a set for $30.

Dan

The ezpull springs equal the Full auto spring pull, and I know the bolt it a bit lighter thus there may be a bit more recoil force, but there is a buffer in these that is not in a standard Kahr semi auto. Also take a look at the back of the receiver, its massive to say the least. The only issue with the ezpull springs is that that standard Kahr semi auto has very rough surfaces inside the bolt and on the firing pin. These must usually be polished by complete dissassembly then the ezpull springs work fine. If the gun has been shot a fair amount, the surfaces will likely have polished themselves to the point that it won't be necessary to dissassemble.

Dan

Dan do you sell the whole set, buffer and all?? if so I am interested for my 1927-a1 SBR commando.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the EZ pull kit from Tommygunner.com, It worked fine in my sons Kahr 27 semi. I think the bolts are the same in both the 27 and M1 Kahr's, but I'm not 100% sure of it.

-Darryl

I bought the EZ pull kit from Tommygunner.com, It worked fine in my sons Kahr 27 semi. I think the bolts are the same in both the 27 and M1 Kahr's, but I'm not 100% sure of it.

-Darryl

That's good to know. i may go that route too.

Pete / moonbat60

Edited by moonbat60

Dan

==================

Hey deerslayer...

I own a Kahr Thompson 1927a1 Commando and would like to purchase a ezpull spring set from you. Please PM me with the details ASAP....Thanks!

PS...also shot you a PM via this board

I gave my Thompson M1 a workout today at the range. I went through a bunch of CCI Blazer Brass and a buch of reloads.

It works like a charm right now !

I've got 100% reliability with all the ammo fired. Accuracy was never an issue, though I know that Thompsons are no match grade weapons.

I'm one happy camper!

Pete

I gave my Thompson M1 a workout today at the range. I went through a bunch of CCI Blazer Brass and a buch of reloads.

It works like a charm right now !

I've got 100% reliability with all the ammo fired. Accuracy was never an issue, though I know that Thompsons are no match grade weapons.

I'm one happy camper!

Pete

After seeing how my thompson worked before and after the ez pull springs, I'm thinking the heavy recoil springs are probably the majority culprit of misfeed and jam issues with these guns. I know it isn't the answer to all their probs, but if it seems to misfeed and jam a lot id recomend switching out the factory springs with the lighter ones.

Edited by Embalmer

I guess that it also would not hurt giving the bolt carrier and the firing pin a going-over with a polishing wheel and some scotch brite.

Lighter springs might be a good start, a recoil buffer is good to have as well.

I'm very happy the way it worked out. $30 well spent.

Thanks Dan !

Pete