Took The Plunge Today

darrylta

Well, to date I've always been a Thompson guy and still will be, but I've decided to expand my collection a little and went with this M50. The only thing I need to buy to complete the package is an original sling, does anyone have any leads on one? Also besides firing pins what other spare parts should I have on hand?

Thanks,

Darryl

Reising_M50.jpg

Edited by darrylta

I have some spare parts for sale here. About the only part I have ever had fail on me was the retracting spring guide. But firing pins are a common problem, and get a spring set from Wolff springs. If you see anything you need in my parts list just let me know..

Well, to date I've always been a Thompson guy and still will be. I decided to expand my collection a little and went with this M50. The only thing I need to buy to complete the package is an original sling, does anyone have any leads on one? Also besides firing pins what other spare parts should I have on hand?

Thanks,

Darryl

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47889

Check Christies link in it.(1022.com??)

Here is a link to a thread with the same question on spares.

The link below is to the Reising assessory thread stickied above, make sure you read about the slings.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=9688

Also check the dealershowroom.com for parts.

http://www.thedealershowroom.com/page/page/1225610.htm

Pete

Edited by GUNGUY45

Some great sources guys, appreciate the help. I guess I'll watch out for the sling on Ebay and Gun Broker.

Thanks,

darryl

Darrylta,

Very, very nice Reising and accessories. Is the Fed Labs sticker intact on the outside of the case?

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

The M50 is a first year commercial gun, ser.#7054 delivered to the Pittsburgh PD on 12/26/1941.

The case does not have a sticker and needs a little work on the interior as in a loose block and velvet lining. Should be no problem to fix it. I'll be the third owner and I'm pretty pleased on the purchase.

My only concern now is getting ribbed by my buddies about the Marines trashing them in WWII. I'm also looking for an original sling. I checked out your pinned topics so I don't get burned on it :-)

-Darryl

Edited by darrylta

I think I bought the last two sets of Reising parts from dealershowroom.com.

I checked and only found carbine slings were used on Reisings. I found a nice new "C" tipped one in light khaki. Maybe someone else knows of another sling but I didn't find any record of it.

Edited by Hawkeye_Joe

I think I bought the last two sets of Reising parts from dealershowroom.com.

I checked and only found carbine slings were used on Reisings. I found a nice new "C" tipped one in light khaki. Maybe someone else knows of another sling but I didn't find any record of it.

I found a WWII Austrian leather M1 carbine sling that I bought. It's not correct, but looks right on a PD gun and has the hole/button connection on it. It will do the job.

Thanks,

Darryl

I think the only items I'm going to replace now is the springs, with a Wolff kit and the firing pin. What's your opinion on Christie's titanium firing pin, is it worth $50?

-Darryl

Beautiful Model 50! As far as Christie's firing pins - it was worth the price to me given what I spent on my model 50. You should submit your Reising info to the Reising database.

John

I would if I had it, it's in the transfer Abyss. Probably about 8 months, give or take a month!?!?!?

-Darryl

8 months???? Where's this thing coming from?

8 months???? Where's this thing coming from?

Just starting the transfer, haven't even got finger printed yet. It takes 3 months for Maryland LE and 5 months for ATF based on my 1921ac purchase on 3/01/09. You would think that if a person has multiple NFA weapons the process would be shorter, it's not.

-Darryl