Transfer Times.....

Tokarev57

I feel that if MGs became available again , the price on all of them would fall big time. Between 1987-88 ish and 2000-ish , 1919A4s went from $2250 to $2500 and just about ALL others did likewise ( as far as increases ) . If something was too much higher , people passed . 1917s and 1941 JLMs were about $3500. After 2000 when 1919 sideplates dried up , they went through the roof and the rare ones were "uncapped" .

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Roughly 6-7 months and increasing. The "evil" sequestor - not a budget cut but a reduction in the amount of spending increase from FY12 - resulted in elimination of overtime. Number of pending applications recently surpassed 40k. Allegedly the much talked about hiring of examiners is proceeeding since it was in progress before the reduction of spending increase hit. No idea on an ETA yet or a true "net gain number" and productivity will decrease short term as new people are brought up to speed. Not to mention if the influx continues to go up as it has since about 2006, it may end up being a wash.

I sent paperwork Oct 29, 2012 and the stamp arrived May 16, 2013.

That was in-state, dealer to trust on form 4, Machinegun.

6.5 months.

You should be in the "any day now" phase.

-Ray

Put in a Form 4 end of February.

Spoke to NFA today.

They recieved it 3-11-13

It went pending 5-13-13.

The guy at NFA section said it should be approved by November.

That is a little more than 6 months. More like 8 months. Sort of like waiting for the wife to have the baby.

Important thing is,Uncle Sugar got the check !

It's going to get worse and soon. One of the casulaties of the non-spending cut reduction in the rate of growth sequester was OT for the examiners. As I write this there are over 43,000 pending transfers and volume of incoming continues to increase. If the current trend continues, the number of forms received this FY will be 210-230k.

Well, here it is June 7th...and no stamp. Damn, it's hard being patient.

Form 4 package sent off Dec 5th, check cashed today, so maybe by sometime in May... :D

Went pending on January 7th...

Chief,

Give it 2-3 more weeks. I bet you will be celebrating the Fourth of July with it.

Yeah, you're probably right. That's what the dealer thinks, also. Hey, some good news for our Louisiana NFA folks...HB277 passed in the LA Senate. The bill eliminates the State Police involvement in the NFA application process. Bobby Jindal will sign it into law, I'm sure. If signed the law would take effect by August. How about that!

Chief762

That is good news. After my first experience transferring a NFA firearm out of Louisiana I have avoided any further such transfers. It was a royal pain dealing with the Louisiana State Police NFA drill.

Chief,
Give it 2-3 more weeks. I bet you will be celebrating the Fourth of July with it.

Yeah, you're probably right. That's what the dealer thinks, also. Hey, some good news for our Louisiana NFA folks...HB277 passed in the LA Senate. The bill eliminates the State Police involvement in the NFA application process. Bobby Jindal will sign it into law, I'm sure. If signed the law would take effect by August. How about that!
Chief762

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got an approval on my Form4 for the WH Thompson! In 3 weeks it would've been a year since I made the deal. It was a 2 stamp deal. It was approved 6 days short of 6 months from pending. Who does ATF send the stamp to? The dealer or the transferee?

Chief762

I had an approval yesterday, just 3 days short of the 6 months after pending date.

-Darryl

It's been 7 months and 16 days since we signed and mailed the form 4 and still no tax stamp. I had really expected to have it by now. I found the ATF phone number and gave them a call. Was told that it's still pending and should be completed within the next 30 days, so transfer times are indeed creeping up. Mine's looking like it will be 8+ months. But at least I can finally start to count down the days, and there will still be plenty of summer left to enjoy the new Thompson.

Edited by Gunslinger

I received my tax stamp on July 8th. The form 4 went pending on Jan 7th. So 6 months + a day. Picked up my gun(WH 1928) from my dealer yesterday, so I'm pretty doggone happy today. :D Pictures will be posted soon!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Dealer to form 4 in NH, machine gun..

Check cashed 12/24/12

Paperwork in hand today.

Just over 7 months, I have 2 months into one other transfer, and will start another next week.

I hope 7 months is the max!!!

Mailed 12/17/12

Approved 7/26/2013

Received 8/2/2013

Form 4

Suppressor

Oklahoma examiner (Jason Frushour)

• 2 weeks later...