Newbie With Ez Pull Question

What about what the atf did to Olofson there? Malfunctioning AR 15 leads to complete miscarriage of justice by anti-2nd Amendment agents. And the Wisconsin jury proved their complete igonrance of gun laws and convicted the guy! Seems just a little inconsistent. Besides, my wife, being a

California girl, is allergic to snow.

Edited by T Hound

• photo-28114.jpg
  • Regular Group
  • Drum.png
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 20-September 09

• Interests:All Thompsons Kahr or Not; Belt feds, especially the M2 BMG; 12 gauge mag fed shotguns; Mac 10s and, okay, Mac 11s too.

• Member No: 28114

Posted Today, 08:35 AM

What about what the atf did to Olofson there? Malfunctioning AR 15 leads to complete miscarriage of justice by anti-2nd Amendment agents. And the Wisconsin jury proved their complete igonrance of gun laws and convicted the guy! Seems just a little inconsistent. Besides, my wife, being a

California girl, is allergic to snow.

Edited by T Hound, Today, 08:36 AM.

this is kinda wright. the guy DID GET convicted but got OFF. the NRA took this case and i beleave got this guy off. they proved why the gun was Malfunctioning it was a pice of dirt that got in the the firing pin and caused the firing pin to get stuck. so there for it opend up full auto. you can do the same thing to a M1 grand but i do not recomend it.

Edited by WeaponsSgt

I don't think so brother. Last I heard the poor gent, a patriot who served his country in combat, was stting in a Wisconsin fed prison. He wasn't convicted of having a MG. The atf prosecutor couldn't make that fly. What they did make fly was even more stupid and evil. They got him for 'interstate transportation of a MG." The female agent that got this super criminal, with a wife and kids, sent to prison must be so proud. God If I was an atf agent I would hide out of shame if I saw her coming.

update: It turns out the atf put her up for board review.

Edited by T Hound

I realize this should be an entirely different post and that it is straying off topic. However.....

That is a topic that is constantly on my mind. The way the ATF handles the "rules" of having automatic weapons.

You can have two identical Thompsons on a table. One was registered in the gun database prior to 1986. This magically makes it OK to tell the Federal Government that you can have it. The other one was not registered and if you tell the Feds about it they will take it, put you in jail, and destroy the weapon. Two IDENTICAL guns.

That makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

Can anyone explain this to me?

For example:

You could go on a "date" with a woman when she is 17 years and 364 days old; or do it one day later.

It's all about the paperwork.

More to the point: if you're looking for anything resembling common sense in the anti-gun community; lot's of luck.

Edited by mnshooter

For example:

You could go on a "date" with a woman when she is 17 years and 364 days old; or do it one day later.

It's all about the paperwork.

More to the point: if you're looking for anything resembling common sense in the anti-gun community; lot's of luck.

Agreed gun laws are stupid. I see a point to some, and having extra forms and what not, fine whatever, in the end you can still get what you want. Most gun laws are stupid regardless and like normal it is a few stupid individuals that ruin it for everyone, Because no law is really created without a incidence occurring. However, in my state, Illinois, (sucks I know) it is a statistic that 95% of all violent crimes (this was the case a few years back anyway) are committed with illegally acquired firearms. So all the laws in the world won't stop criminals from having firearms, they only make the public less defended to allow violent crimes to occur... There are some countries that ban firearms all together, only police and military can have firearms... Their criminals still have guns I'm sure, and they are probably SBR's with large mags and full auto. It is never the common law abiding citizen that commits the crimes but they are the ones that have to deal with the repercussions.

Edited by WWII502

Well that's all because the liberals AREN'T really about keeping people safe from guns. It really is about

just taking our guns and our gun rights completely away. And the intended target is NOT criminals

but rather the law abiding citizens. Hell they are ROUTINELY praising criminals and defending the rights of

criminals! So your correct, there is no logic to this at all. Liberals REALLY do believe that you don't have a right

to defend yourself. And Mark Levine is correct, liberals all mentally ill- and in an

thoroughly inexcusable way.

Edited by T Hound

Well that's all because the liberals AREN'T really about keeping people safe from guns. It really is about

just taking our guns and our gun rights completely away. And the intended target is NOT criminals

but rather the law abiding citizens. Hell they are ROUTINELY praising criminals and defending the rights of

criminals! So your correct, there is no logic to this at all. Liberals REALLY do believe that you don't have a right

to defend yourself. And Mark Levine is correct, liberals all mentally ill- and in an

thoroughly inexcusable way.

Agreed

I guess it is like the old saying about when guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have them.

Is there a possability of a suit or alternate judgement that could get things unwound to the point to where we could at least register them again? Perhaps it is only my viewpoint but I feel as if I am being told what gun I can and can't shoot even though the guns are identical. I read on some board where someone submitted a post asking, "If you found a WWII Thompson in the wall of an old house what would you do with it?" Obviously a war trophy or stashed there long long ago. You keep it and you break the law. You sell it and you break the law. You tell the authorities and you've broken the law AND lost the gun.

What does it take to fix this? It's obviously broken.

I guess it is like the old saying about when guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have them.

Is there a possability of a suit or alternate judgement that could get things unwound to the point to where we could at least register them again? Perhaps it is only my viewpoint but I feel as if I am being told what gun I can and can't shoot even though the guns are identical. I read on some board where someone submitted a post asking, "If you found a WWII Thompson in the wall of an old house what would you do with it?" Obviously a war trophy or stashed there long long ago. You keep it and you break the law. You sell it and you break the law. You tell the authorities and you've broken the law AND lost the gun.

What does it take to fix this? It's obviously broken.

You can't fix it.... Although Thomas Jefferson has a great Quote for it.....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

But I am not suggesting anything just saying... Sometimes all you can do with an engine to fix it is a complete overhaul... But the country is broke and can't afford it so we only do the bare minimum....

So, speaking of those EZ pull springs...

There have been suggestions to leave the semi gun in cocked condition for a time, in hope of reducing the spring cocking effort.

I just tested one that came out of the box and has been stored cocked for the past three years, and it is still stiff as (Dang -I hate passing up a chance at a questionable taste metaphor) ever.

Edited by mnshooter

Good to know brother. Thanks. I 'll try the easy springs then.

i ahve read some old posts from over a year ago. does anyone know if dan still has EZ Pull kits for 30 bucks? or dan can you reply? if i could get one for that price i would put one in my thompson. i will not pay 80 bucks to tommygunner for one. any help is great.

i ahve read some old posts from over a year ago. does anyone know if dan still has EZ Pull kits for 30 bucks? or dan can you reply? if i could get one for that price i would put one in my thompson. i will not pay 80 bucks to tommygunner for one. any help is great.

He (Dan) just charged me $85 for kit and installation, and he does all the proper fitting and tuning. That's just the economy and inflation at work....

Edited by WWII502

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi:

I have a West Hurley 1928 Thompson submachine gun. I have had problems with jams in stick magazines. The drum magazine works better, but the gun will stop sometimes and I have pull the actuator back to complete firing of rounds in the magazine. I have had lots of work done on this gun, but I am still getting the jams. I had someone else fire the gun and he believes that the trigger is too heavy and that it may be causing some drag on the bolt during firing resulting in jams. My question is this: Would a lighter pull trigger solve this problem? Are EZ pull trigger kits available for 1928 Thompson machine guns?

Thanks.

I have never heard of EZ pull trigger kits for the Model of 1928 submachine gun.

I am curious if your magazine catch is a GI catch or an AOC West Hurley manufactured magazine catch.

Would a lighter pull trigger solve this problem? Are EZ pull trigger kits available for 1928 Thompson machine guns?

No.

EZ Pull is for the Semi-Auto versions only, completely different system of operation. Semi runs on a closed bolt firing, and three springs on the bolt and firing pin/hammer that make it difficult to pull the bolt to the rear for the first charge.

Your West Hurley jamming issues are very well documented on this site and the good news is it can be made to run correctly. Do a search on the Full Auto side of this Thompson forum and you will find pages of info. There is one member that posted video of his just recently and got his issue resolved.