Mp44 Semi

Any one ever hear a plan for a semi auto MP44?

Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

The Rifle fires from the closed bolt and that is a majority of the battle when it comes to making a semi auto only conversion of a machinegun.

It would be such a nice idea, the prices they get for the parts kits really prove that there is demand for this rifle and a semi auto would be just as sought after as a FA.

I know the parts kits are difficult to get and the receivers are usually trashed when you do find one but lets say if the kit was usable, does anyine have any ideas on how to accomplish it?

I think it could even get passed the Assault rifle ban because it:

The barrel is just about 16" and could have small extension (muzzle brake) welded on (if needed???) No threaded barrel

The barrel cannot accept bayonet

The barrel cannot accept grenade launcher

No folding stock

It is allowed 2 of the ban items ....pistol grip and the detachable magazine which it does have!

FV

• 2 years later...
I'd say it would be easy. The MP44 holds quite a few similareities with the CETME or G3, which were converted to semi auto and approved by the ATF. You wouldn't even have to go as far either. The disconnector catch on the bolt would need to be removed along with all full auto parts in the grip stick. The receiver slot (for the disconnector) on the left hand side of the receiver would need to b e welded shut. I don't believe you would need to shelve the grip stick as the original grip stick with full auto parts would not make the gun work as FA with the receiver slot welded closed. The CETME needed to shelve their gripstick as the receiver allows full access to all gripstick internals, thus making it impossible to mount the FA grip stick was imperative.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the problem is the length of the barrel here or the internal possibilities of conversion to full-auto? That is why this has not been accomplished here?

And I assume that these are non-importable to the US.

Cheers.

Tha barrel isn't the problem, I believe the original as well as these are 16.25 inches, within the legal limit of 16 inches. Many people have functioning semi mp44s but they are apprehensive about submitting them for approval, as the AT F can just deny and send back a torched bunch of parts. I don't think anyone wants that to happen. Edited by clintonlover

I contacted these people about 5 months ago to see if they are going to import any of there guns into the US. I was interested in the MP38 style single shot gun, but also the 44 as well, here is the reply I received on June 6:

"Sport Systeme Ditrich Kulmbach- We have Kontakt with traders in the USA. If all negotiations are conducted, we inform you where you can can buy a BD38.

Sincerely, Petra"

I have heard nothing since then. Has anyone else tried to find out if or when these might be imported to the US?

Mike Hammer

The guy I got the link from e-mailed them in July and got this response...sounds a lot like yours.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

many thanks for your email and your interest in our products.

We already stand in negotiations with traders in the USA.

We announce on our website where you can buy our weapons, soon.

Many thanks and many greetings from Germany

Petra Hollweg

Sport Systeme Dittrich

• 2 months later...