Can we Modify a 1928 Navy Overstamp Actuator

Great post. PK's hybrid setup is a real beauty!. Does anyone know the current price for the whole kit? Will these parts fit inside a "regular" 1928 USGI bolt? The pictures cleared up a lot of my questions....thanks...Phil

PK's "hybrid" 21/28 buffer pilot with 1921 spring will not fit inside a 1928 bolt.

You could contact PK for his current price but as Ron B. pointed out he does his 1928 to 1921 actuator conversions is batches so a specific timeline is probably not readily available. It wasn't when I had him convert a extra 1928 actuator. As Paul said to me, does it matter if it is sitting as his shop waiting to be converted or sitting in your parts box.

Edit: brain fart….my mind was thinking reference using a '28 actuator with the hybrid buffer pilot….. :D

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

Man.......... OK, this means to use PK's kit, have to use my Colt bolt. So, only thing I'm attempting to protect is the Colt actuator, spring and two piece Colt buffer and pilot.

My Savage 28 bolt will not work with PK's conversion kit. Don't know if I want to mess with this, however an interesting learning process.

Thanks

Sandy

Bridgeport28A1 and Others,

PK's set up will work fine on a GI 1928 bolt. I have used it for several years this way in my Colt Thompson. There is virtually no difference between a 1928 GI bolt and an original Colt 1921/28 bolt, with the exception of the chamfer as Thompson Crazy pointed out. Bridgeport 28A1, are you confusing the 1928 bolt with the 1928 actuator? The 1921 style spring fits fine inside a GI 1928 bolt with a correct 1921 actuator. In fact, I have used three different GI 1928 bolts with this set-up and they all work fine.

Sandy, no need to worry and use your 1921 Colt bolt. Your 1928 Savage WWII bolt will work perfectly.

OK, thanks Chuck, I guess I'm back on again................ I'll contact Paul tomorrow, Quadriple-Diple check with him and move forward on my project. .

I edited my messed up response a few posts above…..either too much coffee or too little coffee.

With me it's usually a combination of too little coffee and too little sleep.

I edited my messed up response a few posts above…..either too much coffee or too little coffee.

Just let me drive Ross, so you can relax.

I shot my 1928A1 last year at the TATA shoot with my PK '21 actuator and his hybrid buffer pilot installed with a Savage 1928 "bright bolt".

Marc, are you coming up to pick me up for the Rochester show?

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

Loosecanon-

Thanks, I'm good, I got three Colt Navy overstamp type actuators, one Colt and two Savage makes as spares to use. PK lives just over the " Hill " from me, wife & I were talking a short road trip when the weather is nice, see if that fits in with Paul's time frame too. We'll see- Or USPS.

Thanks-

OCM