Autoweapons.com

I am familiar with these guns. I believe they are consecutive number 3 digit guns that came out of the Connecticut state police department. the former owner offered them to me 2 years ago at the SAR west show for a price lower than this, but higher than what I was willing to pay at the time, given the condition of the guns and some minor incorrect items. a few months later I called the former owner to see if he would reconsider his price. he reported to me that Auto Weapons purchased them immediately for his asking price. In any case, dealer prices are almost always higher than buying from an individual or fellow collector.

S.fan,

I'm thinking you got it figgered out.

The seller has got a large inventory of nice firearms and he really hates to see them sell. He has solved this dilemma by putting a high price on them.

Whenever you see the words "email for price", you best sit down before sending.

Jim C

S.fan,

I'm thinking you got it figgered out.

The seller has got a large inventory of nice firearms and he really hates to see them sell. He has solved this dilemma by putting a high price on them.

Whenever you see the words "email for price", you best sit down before sending.

Jim C

Actually that is not the case at all. He sells quite a few guns. I asked, and he has valid reasons for not listing prices, and while that is not my personal practice his reasoning is sound. Noteworthy is everything you see is actually in his inventory, a practice getting rarer everyday. His prices are generally not negotiable like a lot of sellers in this particular field. He is a guy you can send money to and not worry about it disappearing or having problems getting ahold of.

I had just sent a price request yesterday, for the three 1928A1s they have listed. Got a reply today. $33,900 each. ???

The one's I had inquired about were the 1921ACs, completely different guns. Not sure if this is your confusion or not. Cheers!

No confusion, just an observation.

Didn't autoweapons.com have some kind of legal problem?

Might be someone else I'm thinking of

Anyway, it seems to me that their prices are higher than everyone else I can think of, by a wide margin

So I'm not going to buy there, of course other people are free to do so

Didn't autoweapons.com have some kind of legal problem?

Might be someone else I'm thinking of

Anyway, it seems to me that their prices are higher than everyone else I can think of, by a wide margin

So I'm not going to buy there, of course other people are free to do so

The owner vahan(?) is either bein investigated or has been indicted for I believe fraud and some shady practices with post samples. Hope he gets jail time.

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm353812.htm

After reading the indictment, it appears he was indicted for using post 86 dealer sample demo letters to acquire guns he no intention of actually selling to to Law Enforcement. I'm not suggesting it's legal to do this, but I think we all know this practice is pretty commonplace among Class 3 dealers.

After reading the indictment, it appears he was indicted for using post 86 dealer sample demo letters to acquire guns he no intention of actually selling to to Law Enforcement. I'm not suggesting it's legal to do this, but I think we all know this practice is pretty commonplace among Class 3 dealers.

Pretty much. I'm sure this is the case with all those $5k HK 416 uppers. Buy the post sample for a couple thousand max. Sell the upper for double profit.

• 2 months later...

My experiences with the Autoweapons guys, do not waste your money, or check them on the validity of their advertisment claims... He sent me a scathing email after I pointed out the that the Reising M55 he had for sale was marked as a M50, eventhough it was in the M55 configuration. No big deal right, just an observation. He hurled obscenities at me via e mail and stated that he would block my e mail from his end. Then met him at Knob Creek years ago, what a Knucklehead, and that is the kind of guy that gives NFA businesses a bad name...

Interesting thread - I am a complete newbie with a particular interest in Thompsons issued to my old agency (NY State Police). Anyways, I came upon his website about 4-5 years ago, readily professed my lack of expertise, and asked a couple legitimate questions about a couple of his items by email. The reply was rude to say the least.

Rude, abusive, knowledgeable to a degree in my opinion and not in my opinion a professional businessman. I have had all of the above experiences expressed herein in my communications with this guy and no way would I do business with him.

Edited by Slimpikins

I'm always amazed the way a lot of gun dealers can stay in business with a horrible personality and zero point zero people skills.

/

/

/

/

My experiences with the Autoweapons guys, do not waste your money, or check them on the validity of their advertisment claims... He sent me a scathing email after I pointed out the that the Reising M55 he had for sale was marked as a M50, eventhough it was in the M55 configuration. No big deal right, just an observation. He hurled obscenities at me via e mail and stated that he would block my e mail from his end. Then met him at Knob Creek years ago, what a Knucklehead, and that is the kind of guy that gives NFA businesses a bad name...