Louisville Gun Show March 1 & 2

Once again the big show is March 1 & 2 at the fairgrounds. David, Jack and myself will be set up there. We will have a "special" Thompson on display. I can't tell you any more, just it is "special". There will be some Winchester 1907's there as well as others. Stop by and say hi and buy me a beer or six. We will be staying at the Baymont(sp) by the Outback Steak house. So if you stay there, it will be a party. Let me know and will look forward to seeing you there..............CHRIS.
I do not know where my tables are yet, not until I get there.

Don't know who this Chris is, but it's on my calendar...might sling my M1. Do they allow that? Rust.

The "SPECIAL" Thompson will be in a glass case to keep all the greasy fingers off. Look for it and the very nervous guy watching over it. Yes Rust, bring your new one for me to check out.

I'll be there, hope to meet you all. You can carry your M1. You just have to put a zip strip through the mag well, ejection port.

Hummmm........do you have to drill a hole in the floorplate for the tie to pass through ?

Off topic , but a good question. How does one tie off a Garand ?

Chris

I'll be there, hope to meet you all. You can carry your M1. You just have to put a zip strip through the mag well, ejection port.

Hummmm........do you have to drill a hole in the floorplate for the tie to pass through ?

Off topic , but a good question. How does one tie off a Garand ?

Chris

No magazines in guns. Just pull the bolt back and slip a zip tie thru the ejection port.

For a garand pull back the bolt till it locks. Then zip tie thru trigger guard and around action.

Bring your own long zip ties, if you want to carry something around. Last year you had to buy zip ties to put on weapons. Once inside the show, nobody cares if guns are tied.

Thanks . Prob'ly seen it done a lot , but never took notice of how. The LGS here does not require ties on our table guns . Not sure about walk-ins as I'm way in the back and never enter/leave by the front entrance. By the time they reach me , most don't have them.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on being there with my Dad and local sheriff. May even wear my Ike jacket! Definitely have my Savage M1 slung...

I plan on being there with my Dad and local sheriff. May even wear my Ike jacket! Definitely have my Savage M1 slung...

Got any pictures of your " Savage " M1 , I'd love to see them.

Chris

Awwwww crud . We were talking M1 Garands above and I thought that's what you were saying . M1 Thompson , boy , what a brain misfire I had.

Sorry , Chris

Edited by emmagee1917

Won't know my tables until I get there. Look for the black banner and one Thompson on the table. We should be on an end cap by the back side, I hope. Should be three or four fat guys with grey hair standing there. One tall guy with a funny accent, some say it's because he's from Alabama.

Also will have a stack of 1907 Winchester rifles for you too.

Edited by full auto 45

We made it to the show today! Drove up with Lyon County Sheriff Kent Murphy (right), and I finally met Mike Hensley and Dave Albert....plus several other board members too numerous to recall. We played with the Sheriff's 1928, and admired the rather unusual gun Mike had to display. Gold inlay? Walking around in an Ike jacket with an M1 slung garnered lots of questions. I got to meet so many interesting people. Lots of Vets. Loved shoving the gun into their hands. What a good day.... Rust

IMG_20140301_115851_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Glad you enjoyed the day. My good friend Bernie, who is working with Dennis Todd, shows up in the background of the picture. Small world. That is on the list of shows I have to get to.

Bob D

Did you leave early Sunday? I came over to the show for a short time before 9 am Sunday to say goodbye to some friends, Bernie, Dennis and Jenny being the main ones and I didn't see the Thompson display.

I rarely go to the gun show since I spend three days at SOS and by the time Sunday rolls around I am ready to get on the road.

I was able to finally meet David face to face for the first time, we always seem to miss each other either at SOS or Knob Creek.

We be here, back left across from Dennis Todd.

I did not put the Thompson out Sunday morning as most all vendors were bailing out early due to the weather forcasted ice storm,

The banner ,"Bloody Williamson" and empty glass case were still on the table until around 10:30, I was on the road by 11:00.

Sorry you missed it.

Jack M.

Thanks, hopefully the weather will be better next year.

I did not put the Thompson out Sunday morning as most all vendors were bailing out early due to the weather forcasted ice storm,

The banner ,"Bloody Williamson" and empty glass case were still on the table until around 10:30, I was on the road by 11:00.

Sorry you missed it.

Jack M.

I only bought a NESA BAR trigger group and some display stands at SOS. Spent the majority of my time behind our table.

So, did anybody buy anything interesting?

I bought 3 1928 bolts.