I want a 500 round drum

Ah yes, the fabled M drum! David beat me to it with his reply. That's because he's so quick on the trigger. On the trigger. Get it?

Albert Finney has that Gregory Peck look about him as he fires. And fires. And fires. Actually all those extra rounds are fed through a tube inside his robe. Hey, it could happen in Hollywood. Oh the art of the film editor.

Serious question here. Were there any prototype drums bigger than the C drum? My uncle swears he saw a magazine article with a photo of a 200 rounder. Just would like to know one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

Al,

I don't think anyone could lift such a beast!

He told me the article said the drum in question was for use from vehicles.

I can get around 1500 rounds of .45acp ammo in a 50 cal can when I'm doing my reloading. And it weighs a ton. No way I could have something like that in a theoretical drum and shoulder it. A hundred round drum is damn heavy as is. Nicholas Cage fired so much during the battle scenes in Windtalkers I don't think he could carry that many L drums.

Al,

I don't think anyone could lift such a beast!

He told me the article said the drum in question was for use from vehicles.

No such beast exists that we know of. 100 rounds is and was the largest capacity magazine or drum ever attempted or documented. Your friend is probably recalling a C-drum on a motorcycle mount.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thanks for the clarification David.