DISPLAY THOMPSON

MARK2112,

The original 1921A configuration Colt barrels did not have threaded ring sights. They were pinned to the barrel. When the first model compensators were introduced in about 1926 the original ring sights were removed, the barrel boss was threaded and the compensator installed. All 15,000 Colt guns were manufactured in the 1921A configuration. The compensators were added as the orders came for a gun with a compensator. Early serial numbered guns before 1926 would not have had a compensator, however any gun up to the 15,000 series could have been sold without a compensator. In order to be absolutely correct for your display gun, you should have a finned barrel without a threaded boss for a threaded ring sight. By the way, one of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre guns was in in 1921A configuration, the other was a 1921AC with first model compensator.

Ok...now that im changing to a '21A model,i need a correct serial number for that model,who has the valentines day numbers. Or another unique 21A number.

would it be wrong to do 167?

No bug......that numbers creepy.ill find the numbers off that 21A for the valentines gun.or ill do 167

• 1 month later...
Already did # 2347 from the valentines day 21A,got rid of the '28 setup and went with a new 21 barrel and front sight,i liked that look better.

I picked up one of Dave's 21 barrels with front sight, but am waiting to get out of the time out box to get that barrel on 11317 to use as a shooter. He does great work on the barrels.

looks like this week, he sent pics of the set.......this is exact profile '21 wood colored in a dark red stain and tru oiled for that vintage look..pictures will follow

• 9 months later...