Price of Colt C drum?

I'm looking for original Colt C drum. A matching if possible. What do you guys think the price range should be from poor condition, average , and excellent top end?

Any dealers who handle these that are trustworthy?

Edited by tnhog

the seller of that drum on GB is a long time dealer and a 2nd shift police officer.....i did some research on him, so buying from him should be ok....

$9k is an investment.....he offered it to me.....i told him im happy with the $750 bridgeport......but if i owned a colt id want the real deal

I know where 3 of them are currently that will come up for sale sometime this year. They have been stashed away since the 1980's. I don't have any specifics yet, but when they become available, I will post about them here, as the person has asked me to review them and offer pricing suggestions. Also, a good number of WWII L-drums are in the same place. Don't hound me on these...I just want to let folks know that there will be some more that will come out of the woodwork sometime soon, so don't get desperate.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Here's a 100 I picked up years ago. That is grease around the top plate center hole. Thought I'd add a few comments on the drum. The inside surfaces of the cartridge rails, both where they are driven by the rotor and against the topcover, show no wear from movement of cartridges. I believe it might have been loaded at some time, but there is no evidence of wear indicateing that the cartridges were driven by the rotor.

In my opinion, it oculd be fairly claimed that the drum has ever been used. Having seen only six or seven of the 100s, none have been close to this condition. I have another that has been used and is a shooter drum.

Anyway, it is a good reference for the type. FWIW

post-9100-0-46672400-1456168453_thumb.jpgpost-9100-0-34548400-1456168473_thumb.jpgpost-9100-0-72325700-1456168489_thumb.jpgpost-9100-0-51483000-1456168500_thumb.jpgpost-9100-0-71691800-1456168515_thumb.jpgpost-9100-0-57792200-1456168528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black River Militaria CII