Phila Ordnance M1 Thompson Full Auto Blank Gun

Bob,

What is time limit, or your set window of opportunity, if any, as far as time available to get on the list for the "Pre - Production model as pictured and described? Thanks in advance.

Bob,I would like to get in on the initial run of these,please set aside one of these and 500 blanks and notify me when it is ready for the cc info,thanks Rod

The changes will be a little at a time. New manufacture vs. original parts will trickle in.

Probably just about all of the guns - even the pre-production will have new manufacture

pivot plates and mag catches. The big change will be the new magazine. Until I have the

special blank mag I can sell guns, but no magazines to CA, NY, NJ, MA, etc. It takes

4 months to get the tooling for the mags then probably another month or two to actually

have the mags.

At this time I am making the trigger frames, and there looks to be enough of the trigger

frame parts sear, sear lever, trip, etc. to assemble guns for a while. The buttstocks will

be original, but buttplates with the door will not last long. The vertical grip is original, but

the forend is new mfg. So its not a lot of parts. If you want to "upgrade" your gun with

an original forend or a buttplate with a door you can just replace those parts.

I cannot guarantee all original parts, I can only do the best I can with what is available.

All of the guns will look as good as the photos.

Bob

I'm glad to see Bob is in the right place at the right time. As everyone should know, he has paid his dues in the

Thompson world and wholly deserves a windfall. Good luck in your timely enterprise!!

Darryl

Re: TSMGguy's questions (I just saw them.)

- The gun is field stripped just like an original Thompson

- to clean the bore you remove the blank adaptor (1/4" hex wrench) and clean the small bores

with 17 cal. cleaning rod, patches, etc.

- Yes, the guns will look as good as the photo. Original WW2 stock and grip, new manufacture

forend stained and oiled to match, hot dip military blue finish.

Bob

Edited by reconbob

Hi Bob,

There might be a great oportunity to show off your gun in January not far from home. The wwii battle of the bulge reenactment is at Indiantown gap. Im sure you could do a show and tell and demo test. There is over 1000 potential buyers in one spot! Just a thought to showcase it and get the word out. Dan

I would love to have one of these as I can't bring myself to blank adapt my Savage M1 Thompson.. Hopefully I can find some money.. :P

On a side note, I saw your pictures of the disassembled gun (looks awesome!) and was curious about your buffer? Looks to be an original one, but as you've said, original parts will start to dry up. Will you be manufacturing a modern replacement that may or may not be usable in not just your blank guns, but also live M1/M1A1s?

Thanks! Really great looking gun!! Can't wait to see a video of it in action......

I have a good supply of original buffers. I am thinking of making an M1 buffer pilot

like the M1928 buffer pilot where the buffer does not interlock with the buffer pilot but

has a pad at the back between the buffer pilot and the receiver. To remove you would

just push it thru from the back like a M1928.

I do not know when I will get to this. PK is working on a standard type buffer that

Interlocks with the pilot and is urethane.

Bob

A lot of people have asked about the sound of the blank gun. Does it sound "real"?

or does it just go "pop" like a toy.

We just test fired the gun with a decibel meter. Note that we are not able to calibrate

the meter exactly, so this is for comparison purposes not the actual decibels although

I think it is very close.

The guns were fired into the bullet trap here at the shop, from a kneeling position

with the decibel meter directly behind the shooter approx. head high.

M1928A1 Thompson with ball ammo - 123.6 Db

Phila Ord blank gun - 121.2 Db

The report of the blank gun is virtually identical with that of a gun firing ball ammo.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...