WTB Original M1A1/M1 Barrel

Hi folks, so I just purchased a M1 parts kit off GB to keep my 1928 kit company. Was going to buy another 1928 but then that opens up the "I need a vertical grip" can of worms and I just don't feel like dealing with that anymore so I saw this purty M1 kit and the rest is history . Kit is in excellent shape except the seller didn't find it worth mentioning that the barrel was demilled with a long saw cut down the entire length (did not show in photos)... Soooo.... I'm looking for an original M1/M1A1 barrel in nice condition, I'd rather not go the repro route unless I really have to.

Does anyone have or know where I can get an original barrel M1 barrel that's not beat up ? :)

Thanks,

Steve

p.s., sellers photo below

pix621126879.jpg

pix095524871.jpg

pix731163186.jpg

pix743975757.jpg

Thanks, I just sent a contact form to inquire, looks like new wrapped in grease ! I'm not sure if there will be a quick response so until I hear back from him I'm still looking. There is one on GB but it's way spendy so that would only be a last resort.

If you can't find any on gunbroker or don't want to look there I would contact philidelphia ordanence (reconbob) and ask if he has any, he has some listed on his website both NOS and used

I wish, I don't get to travel much, too busy with work etc. Sounds like fun though !

Skittorius - Will you be at the TATA show next weekend in Ohio?

Ask the unscrupulous seller for a partial refund.

That is unless you "stole" the kit.

If not leave negative feedback.

Make sellers accountable and auction sights will self-clean up their act.

Just for posterity and to protect the group who was the seller ?

Don't be bashful.

I'd do it for you.

Edited by lightguy

I'm not really sure how well I did on price, I paid $1250. No kits anywhere else online, looks like IMA had them cheap but at the very end raised the price to 2,495 ? But the IMA kit did come with a functioning barrel...

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-u-s-wwii-thompson-m1-smg-parts-set-with-barrel.html

I will say the parts that weren't demilled are in super condition, almost pristine, with the exception of the magazine catch which has some of the bluing worn off the left edge.. I'll take some detailed pics and start a thread later this evening. I'll also link to the auction, I can't get to the completed auction for the url on this computer.

edit : auction link http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668515141

Ask the unscrupulous seller for a partial refund.

That is unless you "stole" the kit.

If not leave negative feedback.

Make sellers accountable and auction sights will self-clean up their act.

Just for posterity and to protect the group who was the seller ?

Don't be bashful.

I'd do it for you.

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 9.29.37 PM.png

Edited by Skittorius

I have an extra barrel, but it has exterior finish issues. It is NOS, never installed, but poor storage damaged the exterior finish. If you can't find something better I'll sell this $125 shipped.

post-39665-0-18843700-1501300709_thumb.jpg

post-39665-0-41975800-1501300732_thumb.jpg

Hi, if I can't find something a bit nicer I'll definitely get back to you, thanks !

I have an extra barrel, but it has exterior finish issues. It is NOS, never installed, but poor storage damaged the exterior finish. If you can't find something better I'll sell this $125 shipped.

Cool beans, looks like I got one :) incorrect auction title with no pic in the search listing, said "1927" but curiosity made me click on the link anyways.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/672647278

Same seller was also selling a lot that included a WWII L drum, nice looking barrel and comp, some furniture and...... what looked like an original vertical foregrip, I couldn't bid on the lot because my state has a magazine capacity restriction (sob) and it sold for only $869 :(

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/672644370

Edited by Skittorius