MP40 at SAR--anyone there?

tS3XBxd.jpg

Offer has been made....waiting for OK.....i believe its a new/ replaced barrel...not a work of art, but a good shooter and RR gun

Im assuming thats the weld at he very back of the receiver...it seems obvious to me and i can see a line inside on it...not ground down and flawless...looks sloppy....my offer includes some rework if needed....im assuming anything can be redone and im hoping what i see as sloppy does not effect function or will break...hoping its just sloppy...gun may ship to a gunsmith to look over while i wait.

Edited by huggytree

SOLD! $11,750 shipped...

id still like opinions on what you see....if i should get that weld redone? replace the barrel?

smart to send it in to Bob to be checked out and re barreled while in jail? i want it to shoot straight

heres a video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3kkTULsgD0&feature=youtu.be

form 4 maker is- Bob Harkey, indy 500 race car driver

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/indystar/obituary.aspx?pid=177373819

/www.racer.com/indycar/item/125263-indy-500-veteran-bob-harkey-passes-away-at-85

ive got his gun...most likely sold from his estate as he died last year....kinda cool

ocDrusD.jpg

Edited by huggytree

SOLD! $11,750 shipped...

id still like opinions on what you see....if i should get that weld redone? replace the barrel?

smart to send it in to Bob to be checked out and re barreled while in jail? i want it to shoot straight

heres a video of it

Huggy, are you going to tell your wife about this MP40 purchase?

Ha. Nope. Still got to ask permission for a m11a1 I bought. Going to do that in a few weeks and pretend I didnt buy it yet

This mp40 is next years lie.

I went from buying high dollar and nib guns to buying rewelded guns with mismatch parts. Funny.

Very very pleased with this purchase.

Also buying a nib m11 for resale. Found a bargain Wife knows about that one. Making $$ gotta tell her

No worries. I had 2 secret I admitted to this year already. Now 2 more. We can afford it. Took 2 nice vacations and got her a new truck. Her credit card spending is bad. So Ill be just fine. Plus a mp40 is just cool. She likes my guns.

Ive bought 10 machine guns in 2 years. Pretty extreme. Then look at crazy amounts of ammo. Storage bins of mags. Shelves full of parts kits. And cases of Mac and M16 uppers. It gets beyond crazy to some people. Normal to me :)

As a family we shoot every other week. Its a hobby we all enjoy.

She wasnt happy at 5 FAs. I do think she will really like the mp40 though. I let her shoot a sterling and she agreed I should buy one.

Shes pretty cool. As long as I can give her a nice vacation and retirement she will be fine.

They would not let me untie it a few guys there at same time talking So was not butting in girl told me rewayt and maybe refinish. since it looked good. Glad you bought it the other in the far building was $15,000 Form four and a few had enough parts to put one together. and of course the fugly gsg 9 MP40 stockless gun. for 700 bucks. the two MP-38's one redone original and another original bought back I think for 40 grand. the first one was nice and of course restored to like new {not for sale}I told Chuck if I ever came into big bucks I would be a buyer.He has no intention to sell. So show was slow only saw those four... Did not cover the tents. Normally nothing is there. I have had tables thee for 20 years. The 28 navy Bill had on my table for display was nice.and the Nac 21a and a 27 semi and a few more 21ac's.. Tom did sell his 28 but still had the pre-86 28 today for $13.500 for real cash buyer.

I had the two early AR's and the sontay raid XM, they all sold in first hour of show. by end of day today sold out and out of there.including all the mags and parts and books. Colt 21A Ron

They would not let me untie it a few guys there at same time talking So was not butting in girl told me rewayt and maybe refinish. since it looked good. Glad you bought it the other in the far building was $15,000 Form four and a few had enough parts to put one together. and of course the fugly gsg 9 MP40 stockless gun. for 700 bucks. the two MP-38's one redone original and another original bought back I think for 40 grand. the first one was nice and of course restored to like new {not for sale}I told Chuck if I ever came into big bucks I would be a buyer.He has no intention to sell. So show was slow only saw those four... Did not cover the tents. Normally nothing is there. I have had tables thee for 20 years. The 28 navy Bill had on my table for display was nice.and the Nac 21a and a 27 semi and a few more 21ac's.. Tom did sell his 28 but still had the pre-86 28 today for $13.500 for real cash buyer.

I had the two early AR's and the sontay raid XM, they all sold in first hour of show. by end of day today sold out and out of there.including all the mags and parts and books. Colt 21A Ron

Some nice inventory there Ron, and nice overview. So the restored mp38 wasnt for sale but the original bringback mp38 was for 40k correct? Perhaps buying another mp40, Huggy is spreading the bug, but otherwise good to know there are still some 38s out there.

One was not for sale the buyback was they sold it well over ten years ago, they bought it back from the buyer for $40 grand.Did not get into the new pricing. They are good friends of mine Customers. so did not want to get into details with them since not a buyer and not hunting anything for a serious buyer. It was good to go to a show and see four guns.

I went all crazy. And bought{traded} a 44 magnum. Right before I was breaking down the table and getting ready to leave the show. I went to a friends table and he was showing it to another dealer. Who said have to think about it will be back. He put it back in box. and walked away I told my friend let me see it.Handled it for a minute or so a Snub nose heavy duty stainless model. And said I like it He said you want it no problem, and as we did that and put it under table into the box. the dealer comes back and says I have a few questions.My friend says no reason to get into it Ron took it. the guy looks all ticked off. Like oh yeah lets hold something forever if you don't come back..

When you want to do a deal you don't walk away and leave it on the table. I had no intention of buying or trading for anything. Was just sitting and shooting the breeze before leaving.

My buddies saying who watched it all said hey man you snooze you lose, If the guy did not walk away so fast I could have said hey if you really want it. But after awhile I get tired of bull crap. and after what I went through this past year.

toughen up buddy because I am one Hard Corps Marine. And I don't mess around at gun shows.

Yu want the freaking thing. BUY IT....Had not a problem moving the three AR'S in the first 60 mins. walked up looked asked question Bought it done deal. it is a GUN SHOW not a puddy fest!

Colt 21A Ron

Edited by colt21a

One was not for sale the buyback was they sold it well over ten years ago, they bought it back from the buyer for $40 grand.Did not get into the new pricing. They are good friends of mine Customers. so did not want to get into details with them since not a buyer and not hunting anything for a serious buyer. It was good to go to a show and see four guns.

I went all crazy. And bought{traded} a 44 magnum. Right before I was breaking down the table and getting ready to leave the show. I went to a friends table and he was showing it to another dealer. Who said have to think about it will be back. He put it back in box. and walked away I told my friend let me see it.Handled it for a minute or so a Snub nose heavy duty stainless model. And said I like it He said you want it no problem, and as we did that and put it under table into the box. the dealer comes back and says I have a few questions.My friend says no reason to get into it Ron took it. the guy looks all ticked off. Like oh yeah lets hold something forever if you don't come back..

When you want to do a deal you don't walk away and leave it on the table. I had no intention of buying or trading for anything. Was just sitting and shooting the breeze before leaving.

My buddies saying who watched it all said hey man you snooze you lose, If the guy did not walk away so fast I could have said hey if you really want it. But after awhile I get tired of bull crap. and after what I went through this past year.

toughen up buddy because I am one Hard Corps Marine. And I don't mess around at gun shows.

Yu want the freaking thing. BUY IT....Had not a problem moving the three AR'S in the first 60 mins. walked up looked asked question Bought it done deal. it is a GUN SHOW not a puddy fest!

Colt 21A Ron

Some years ago I guy I knew at a local gun show had a S&W Model 28 with 3.5" barrel that I always wanted. Looked nice but no box. I said let me look around some and I'll stop back later. When I came back and hour or so later it was gone. You snooze you lose at a gun show. Several years ago walking around another local gun show and another guy I know has a NIB never shot S&W Model 28 with 3.5" barrel with original box, etc. Beautiful gun. He was a big S&W collector, and got the gun from a buddy who owned nine Model 28's. I didn't leave the table without that one, which I still have. I haven't even shot it because it's so nice to look at. Robert

Colt 21A Ron

Completely agree Ron. There will always be the dreamers though who keep inquiring until its gone. Glad the magnum purchase worked out. Best, Andrew

Found out it was one of those Talo Ed special snub nose model which is pretty neat. Had all kinds of 44 mags in past all S&W this was a Ruger one big huge block of stainless steel. Perfect nightstand hand cannon. A real switch nothing Thompson. And did get the MP-40 Collector grade hard cover book.This was the first show ever I came home with money...and yes you snooze ya lose. I offered to buy Chucks modern Auto Burglar He said Ron waited year to get it and have not even shot it yet. But I was there to buy but was only on display A really nice gun.

Colt21 Ron

UPDATE RIGHT NOW: My friend just called me from SAR show the Mp-38 is $50,000.00 and all correct and numbered no dewat ever, bring back gun. And no reason for any refinish. he mentioned to him I would sell a few other items and just keep it.I think he should.. but somebody wanted to know a price. the second one not for sale but I bet a 40 grand offer would get that one also. I am not sure MP-38'S have met Thompson territory yet. Unless your Dad was Waffen S.S.

so there you have the whole story. open the wallets and start the engines kick the tires and light the fires'''

Colt 21A Ron

seems like lots of people are just dreaming when it comes to prices...if it doesnt sell in 30 days its over priced

ive been noticing a lot more dreamers lately and a lot of guns sitting...at some point gun broker will be up to 1000 machine guns if this keeps going...

If this was earlier in my collection when i was buying higher priced guns i would have loved a MP38....0 chance i would have paid anywhere near $50k for one...

UPDATE RIGHT NOW: My friend just called me from SAR show the Mp-38 is $50,000.00 and all correct and numbered no dewat ever, bring back gun. And no reason for any refinish. he mentioned to him I would sell a few other items and just keep it.I think he should.. but somebody wanted to know a price. the second one not for sale but I bet a 40 grand offer would get that one also. I am not sure MP-38'S have met Thompson territory yet. Unless your Dad was Waffen S.S.

so there you have the whole story. open the wallets and start the engines kick the tires and light the fires'''

Colt 21A Ron

Thank you Ron. I had asked about the price. Appreciate it and about what I was thinking being close to 50 for an all matching, original 38. Just bought two of the Stl 21s in September but maybe in the future. Just seeing one up close would be neat! -Andrew

Having the stamping on top would not make me buy it ugly marks. if so proud of company name do it right. Not like a clown circus came into town. And Huggy I told you that the minute you found a gun a few more will turn up.

but hey the Quest is over you bought one.Colt21 A Ron