What is Model?

Per Tracie Hill's "Thompson: The American Legend" page 232, it is a Savage 9mm Thompson built in October 1941. Unknown end user request for 12,000 of these and no serial number info is available.

Also page 394 Hill's UTB same info.

Edited by Motorcar

Автомобиль, 6 мая 2020 года - 22:49, сказал:

По словам Трейси Хилла «Thompson: The American Legend», страница 232, это Savage 9-мм Thompson, построенный в октябре 1941 года. Неизвестный запрос конечного пользователя на 12 000 из них и информация о серийном номере недоступна.

Также страница 394 ето та же информация.

He has a weird magazinefor the 9 mm Para.. magazine C-type is curved (“banana”). The 9 Para magazines that I know had a direct I-type (MP 18,28,38,40,41 / Suomi / Beretta / STEN / Osten / AUSTEN). But in the C-type magazine (for example, there were 7.63 Mausers and 7.62 Tokarevs. Since the cartridge has the shape of a bottle. Maybe I'm wrong ...

Edited by allweaponsww2

All of the BSA magazines that were designed for their 1929 guns are of the curved design. BSA had their own patent for these magazines. They come in three calibers and four markings - 9mm PARABELLUM, 9mm BERGMANN, 7.63mm MAUSER, and 30 MAUSER. The last two are actually the same cartridge, with one being the metric and the other being the English designation.

No, the curve style is not required for the 9mm Parabellum cartridge as can be shown by the UD42 9mm magazines that also fit the Thompson. Those mags are the straight design the same as the Thompson XX mags, though thinner.

The gun does indeed appear to be the 9mm Savage gun made during WWII. It is an M1 style mechanism, but with a top cocking knob. Since there are no production numbers and very few examples, Tracie surmises and I agree that they may have been ordered, but were probably not actually produced.

All of the BSA magazines that were designed for their 1929 guns are of the curved design. BSA had their own patent for these magazines. They come in three calibers and four markings - 9mm PARABELLUM, 9mm BERGMANN, 7.63mm MAUSER, and 30 MAUSER. The last two are actually the same cartridge, with one being the metric and the other being the English designation.

No, the curve style is not required for the 9mm Parabellum cartridge as can be shown by the UD42 9mm magazines that also fit the Thompson. Those mags are the straight design the same as the Thompson XX mags, though thinner.

The gun does indeed appear to be the 9mm Savage gun made during WWII. It is an M1 style mechanism, but with a top cocking knob. Since there are no production numbers and very few examples, Tracie surmises and I agree that they may have been ordered, but were probably not actually produced.

What about this BSA model?
FkWBmtd5mzk.jpg
kKTl8IWldRs.jpg
You say it had a mechanism in the style of M1? It had't Blish lock?

The BSA pictured is the version chambered in .45ACP and used standard TSMg mags. All BSA known to date used

the Blish Locking system.

Tracie

Thanks. But I mean it "Savage Model". It has an M1 style mechanism,
what did he mean?

What about this BSA model?
FkWBmtd5mzk.jpg
kKTl8IWldRs.jpg
You say it had a mechanism in the style of M1? It had't Blish lock?

Attached are some pictures of the curved BSA 7.63mm Mauser magazine in my collection.

BSA 7.63mm 30 rnd Mag Markings.jpg

7.63mm 30 rnd Mag.jpg

7.63mm 30 rnd Mag Rear.jpg

Stay safe

Richard

The BSA styled TSMGs used either a straight box mag (photo 286 Ultimate Book) or a curved mag (photo 295 Ultimate book) depending

on the frame design.

Tracie

Tracie,

Was that one of the differences between the Model of 1926 and the Model of 1929?

Stay safe

Richard