Merle Bitikofer .22 kit for sale (With Dave’s permission)

Heavy, yes. Fun yes. I enjoy the option of shooting 22's out of my Thompson, the extra weight allows for a steady platform. I would like to have a another Class III 9mm or a multi-caliber AR-15/M-15, but my Thompson is all I have left of my collection. Merle's kit gives me an option. I would say it has a limited market, but is a must to have if you want to shoot. I see it as allowing full-auto with less wear and tear on my Thompson.

Several things damped any interest that I may have had in buying a .22LR conversion for the full auto Thompson. The platform is heavy, the trigger pull length is long, and the stock is not adjustable. That makes the Thompson platform difficult for small or weak/disabled shooters to shoot; and many of the robust, adult shooters that I've encountered only want to shoot the "real" caliber in machine guns - 9mm in the Uzi and 5.56 in the M16, for both of which I have .22LR conversions that work exceptionally well.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

What .22 conversion kit are you using in the UZI? I would like to get one for my UZI.

Thanks

Tiz

I have one of Merle's original kits and helped TE the kit. My kit is also for the Mi or 21/28 versions and I received the threaded adapter for subsonic fun. It really is pretty quiet; just looks awkward on a TSMG. Never had the drums but have had great success with Kevin's Blackdog mags. Merle and I discussed slowing the gun down a few times and in using shorter springs we slowed it down to a very reasonable rate for a FA .22 conversion; usually they are super fast.

I'm a sucker for .22 conversions and have them for M16's, Uzi's, Mac's, AC556's and a wide range of pistols. Been trying to talk a friend out of his MP5 conversion for years. Not going to happen apparently.

Not to hijack this thread but does anyone have the specs for the milling of the slot on Merle's kit to install w/o removing the ejector? I was having too much fun with the kit that I never had him mill it for me. I don't have the skills to do that but with the correct info I can find someone I'm sure. Thanks in advance ! Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

I have the kit and used it in both the M1 and 1928. Never have had any issues. Use cheap CCI Blazer I bought a bunch of cases years ago and that stash will last me the rest of my life :-)

I have the kit and used it in both the M1 and 1928. Never have had any issues. Use cheap CCI Blazer I bought a bunch of cases years ago and that stash will last me the rest of my life :-)

Looks like a suppressor on the Tommy. How do you manage that with a Cutts?

The Uzi .22LR conversion I have is one that I bought from Vector in 2007. I believe that today Subgun Ordnance still sells a similar conversion. Getting magazines may be a problem as it appears that Black Dog Machine is showing them out of stock as is BWE.

Best of luck, and be well. MP

Do the Uzi kits work well ?

I want something in .22LR in a conversion kit whether TSM, Uzi, or M16 really doesnt matter much but reliability and simplicity does.

I wanted to find a kit but came across a 1927 a3. Unfortunately, it won’t allow me to shoot more than 2 or 3 CCI minimags in a row. It then won’t fire and won’t eject the unfired round. It came with a stick mag and a banana mag with adapter and a drum mag. Any suggestions on aftermarket mags that might function?

• 3 weeks later...