Tom Davis' new book!

I received a copy of Tom Davis latest book on Thompson submachine guns; "A Thompson Compendium"

I am impressed! Fantastic job documenting two often overlooked areas of Thompson info; the NAC Thompsons, and the 1928AC Thompsons. Also covers the Savage Commercials, Spare Parts kits and more PLUS a serial number list from Potomac Arms of 400+ Thompsons they sold during the 1950s >

BTW I had to look up the word "Compendium" Definition: A brief compilation or composition containing the principal heads of a larger work or system, or the general principles or leading points of a subject; an abridgment; a summary; an epitome.

178 pages lots of great color pictures!

RECOMMENDED reading!

IMG_1397 (002).jpg

• Upvote 2

X2 on that.

I glanced thru mine and was impressed by the color pictures and research done for the book.

Saving it for a rainy day read.

Darryl

Thank you for the nice comments on my new book, A Thompson Compendium. The research involved in much of the book took place over 10 years. This forum and the many members contributed mightily to the ongoing research. We owe Frank I. and David A. a great deal of gratitude for starting and keeping this website active - and on point. No trolls or garbage allowed. Period. Thank you administrators. This book begins by concentrating on several of the well known but often misunderstood Thompson variations. The story about Potomac Arms and all the new serial number information is a direct result of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and subsequent research by a forum member. I spend a lot of time helping Thompson owners with FOIA requests. Sometimes the information revealed is invaluable. There is also new information about the very expensive Auto-Ordnance Spare Part Kit Container and learning (and proving) Gordon actually did mark the majority of his reproduction kits. The story about the French Colt's is one of my favorites and the pictures of NO 3186 by a forum member were just too good not to publish. To look at NO 3186 is a treat! Hopefully, NO 3186 will grace the Hill Family All Thompson Show & Shoot this summer.

I will be glad to sign any of my books at the two upcoming Thompson Shows. You do not have to purchase directly from me. Bring your copy to the show.

BTW I had to look up the word "Compendium" Definition: A brief compilation or composition containing the principal heads of a larger work or system, or the general principles or leading points of a subject; an abridgment; a summary; an epitome.

"Dium" means "pretty" in Vietnamese.

So, clearly, the word "Compendium" means: "The Comp End is Pretty"

At least, to me, it does.

21A owners might disagree.

• Upvote 3

Tom has helped me with 2 FOIA requests. Very helpful and much appreciated. I'm so thankful for these forums and the information available here. As well as the excellent books published by members.

Tom also very helpful in initiating my first FOIA request. Now I'll have no excuse for not knowing the history of my M1928A1 TSMG. Thanks, Tom!