Looking to buy Bridgeport 1928

Hi all. I am finally at the point where I have a big enough collection of Semi auto guns (MG42s, 1919s, etc) where I plan to sell a few to buy a Bridgeport 1928. If anyone has one they are looking to re-home/sell to a good home please send me a message! This will be my first MG and has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

There were two manufacturers of Thompson submachine guns during World War II that marked the receivers, Bridgeport, Connecticut. The first was Savage Arms in Utica, New York. Early Savage guns are marked with a New York, NY address but the great majority are marked Bridgeport, Connecticut. All the Thompson guns manufactured at the Auto-Ordnance Bridgeport (AOB) factory were marked Bridgeport, Connecticut. Since you are only going to purchase one Thompson submachine gun, you may want to do a little research and see which manufacturer you prefer. Savage guns are marked with an "S" serial number prefix. Auto-Ordnance guns are marked with a "A.O." serial number prefix.

I highly recommend your purchase Frank Iannamico's, American Thunder III, before you make a purchase decision. I want to insure you understand exactly what you will be buying.

• Upvote 1

Tom is right. Do a lot of research to find exactly what you want. You have a good start posting want to buy on the forum. There are great people on this forum that may have what you want. Look at what is available out there but post what you find here. It's better to find out here before you buy, what problems may exist.

My search was about two years, because I knew it would be the only one. I was steered away from marginal guns by the very knowledgeable people here.

I was rewarded with a great Thompson. Just what I wanted and turned out to be a very good find. Tom Davis was instrumental in my search. You will do well taking his advice.

Vince

• Upvote 1