Knob Creek Good Place to Find MG's?

tricky9914

Hey All,

I know the last Knob Creek MG shoot is coming up in October. I have heard great things about the shoot as well as the show/vendors. I am looking for a couple specific MGs. The Creek is a bit of a drive for me but I am willing to go if I might have a good chance of finding one or both. Either way, I am sure the shoot will be worth it (and I have never been). I know there are usually tons of parts, but is there usually a good selection of MG's? Thank you for any insight!

Edited by tricky9914

There are a lot of machine guns for sale there that are "not there". If you're looking for something you don't see start asking around. While there isn't much on display these days there are a lot of MG owners both at tables and walking around that have stuff for sale that they don't bother bringing to the show to put out. There are a couple hundred guns out on the line, many of which "could" be for sale and I have done deals on the shooting line.

You could post what you're looking for and someone here might be willing to sell, or bring it to the creek for you to inspect before a sale? Nothing like an in person inspection in the sunlight vs. internet pictures!

1) Put out a wanted to buy ad on Sturmgewehr for what your looking for. I acquired several uncommon/"rare" machineguns that way.

2) Like Frank said, the Phoenix SAR Gunshow every December is another great place to look.

3) And Johnson is right, start asking around if you don't see what you want. It's amazing what can come out of the woodwork...for the right price!

Thanks for the responses, guys! I will probably not go to KC as it sounds like prospects there may not be the best. I saw some YouTube footage from 2014 of the show and it looked like almost every table had an MG on it - I guess that is not so much the case anymore. I am looking for either a transferable Japanese Type 92 HMG or a transferable Russian 1910 Maxim (sideplate, non-original is fine). If anyone has a lead, that would be great. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

How about this one? Not a snow cap but still worth looking at

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911576294

That guy has been trying to sell that gun for at least 12-18 months, over priced by about $10,000. Seems to think that having belonged to Kokalis adds value to it which to me it does not.