100th B-day coming up

My 21AC's bday is coming up and I've decided I'm going to have a party and shoot it for the first time. The entity that owned it before me shot it annually, but it been at least eight years since it's seen any action.

Checklist of things to check or lube before I give it a run? I have some 230 gr WWB and was going to fire 1-2 XX mags through it.

Thanks!

Well lubed and cleaned, twenty round magazines, short bursts, Winchester white box ammunition - everything will probably go well. That said, I would be hesitant to use an original Colt 1921 actuator. You just never know when one of those ears may break.

Good luck!!!

What would be the safer way to do it? I've read about it before, but got a little lost. Is it a 1928 actuator and bolt (which also slows it down to 600 rpm, right?)

I remember talking to Mr Richarson about getting this set up years ago, but that's when he was halfway between CR and CA. I managed to get a manual, but lost contact with him on the rest of the plan as his health declined.

Any guidance on where and what replacement / backup parts to acquire would be appreciated. It's a 21AC and I'm the second owner. Thanks for the help!

Edited by delorean

Shoot it and enjoy it. That's what it's made for. It's not a delicate baby. Do a mag dump, you aren't gonna hurt the barrel. We shoot a half a ton of lead through Tommy guns at rentals each year and you wouldn't tell a barrel from one of our guns with a new one. Get a full 1928 GI bolt group in it, or get a 28 GI actuator milled into a 21 actuator. That's the only delicate part on a colt. Of your can't find one let me know I'll mill one for you.