PPSH41 accessories

17 hours ago, Roland the Thompsongunner said:

Here are some accessories for the PPSH

ECF11C6D-04A0-4E22-8742-F6ED639230AA.jpeg

F3B82A61-573E-4186-9839-79A3805D7CDD.jpeg

19795FA3-49E1-44EB-A412-00E00C2CD6D8.jpeg

What is that curly piece of metal pic above next to the loader? I've  been lucky and have everything else... plus an armorers kit! (1952 dated)

It’s a wire cutter. It clamps to the front of the gun so you place it against the wire in the slot and fire a round and it breaks the barb wire. I have pics at home of them in period pictures 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, signal_4 said:

So what accessories went into the butstock ? 

PPSH's don't have a buttstock accessory holder, at least any I have ever seen.

4 hours ago, Rekraps said:

PPSH's don't have a buttstock accessory holder, at least any I have ever seen.

I cannot speak for all variants but there is a door and a storage area in the buttstock of Russian manufactured PPSH.

4 hours ago, Roland the Thompsongunner said:

Not 100 percent sure but I would think at least the cleaning rod went in there. All my buttstocks have the hole for storage. I have yugo, polish and Soviet ones in my collection 

Really! I've never see that. I'll post pics of mine. Are those wartime guns or post war? Maybe it made a difference.

9 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Really! I've never see that. I'll post pics of mine. Are those wartime guns or post war? Maybe it made a difference.

Have you taken the plate off to see if there is a hole drilled behind it by chance ? 

20 hours ago, signal_4 said:

Have you taken the plate off to see if there is a hole drilled behind it by chance ? 

I have not. I'll look. It's a 100% numbers matching gun.... 1944. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 9:10 AM, Roland the Thompsongunner said:

The one in the pic is 1943 dated. I have post war yugo and polish and all have the trap door

I'm thinking that maybe that buttplate is a replacement. Of course I'm no PPSH expert, but I've seen many and none of the war ones had a trap door. The russians were way too desperate to include an additional mfg process in the production. The two I have owned were 44 and 45, both flat plate buttstock.

3 hours ago, Roland the Thompsongunner said:

I would love to see a picture of one without the trap door as I have not come across any like that. Post a pic if you get time thanks

Will do! 

On 4/17/2023 at 7:12 AM, Roland the Thompsongunner said:

I would love to see a picture of one without the trap door as I have not come across any like that. Post a pic if you get time thanks

Sir! My most humble apologies. I pulled my PPSH out (Russian, 1945) and viewed a friends' PPSH (Russian 1944) and both have the butt plate with accessory hatch. 

I can't believe I thought otherwise.... and stand corrected.

I must be getting old......

On 4/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, Rekraps said:

I'm thinking that maybe that buttplate is a replacement. Of course I'm no PPSH expert, but I've seen many and none of the war ones had a trap door. The russians were way too desperate to include an additional mfg process in the production. The two I have owned were 44 and 45, both flat plate buttstock.

This is a 1943 dated Russian PPsH-41 that was brought back by a USAF navigator from the Korean war.
It has the butt plate with the storage compartment.

Also, I picked up a couple of these muzzle covers from Gun Parts Corp:
Muzzle Cover, Black Plastic at GPC

I bought more than one after the first one split after being on the gun a few years.

Richard

Dsc01335.jpg

On 4/19/2023 at 5:02 PM, Rekraps said:

Sir! My most humble apologies. I pulled my PPSH out (Russian, 1945) and viewed a friends' PPSH (Russian 1944) and both have the butt plate with accessory hatch. 

I can't believe I thought otherwise.... and stand corrected.

I must be getting old......

No big deal we all overlook or forget things. This forum is to help each other learn more and that is what we did