Maget MG42

GEJ

Hi Gents figured I throw another one of my adopted kids up. I bought this from a friend's estate, and indeed was a piece I wanted for a long time. I was very happy to get my friends MG42 made by Maget. He was also the originally amnesty register of this gun. Which is a plus and the family let me have his original form 4467. Here you go Gents enjoy. 

20230220_182205.jpg

20230220_182225.jpg

20230220_182247.jpg

20230220_182255.jpg

20230220_180706.jpg

20230220_180711.jpg

20230220_180758.jpg

20230203_155020.jpg

Very nice guns.   The one of mine on the left is CRA.  Since we seem to be going with a yugo theme, all I had left is the tip of the yugo mauser.   You guys have to get some decent lafetttes for guns that nice!  At one time I had a bunch, but I think I'm down to the last three.   I do have some original MGZ scopes for sale though.

20230401_090914[1].jpg

11 hours ago, maxfaxdude said:

Nice!

I've also got a Maget made in 1944.

025.JPG

Max very nice just put of curiosity what is the letter block of your gun? Also really want to find a original Tan Laffette. 

3 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Very nice guns.   The one of mine on the left is CRA.  Since we seem to be going with a yugo theme, all I had left is the tip of the yugo mauser.   You guys have to get some decent lafetttes for guns that nice!  At one time I had a bunch, but I think I'm down to the last three.   I do have some original MGZ scopes for sale though.

20230401_090914[1].jpg

Johnson nice guns! I am hoping to soon find a Tan Lafette mount! 

AFAIK there are no tan lafettes for the 42's....original anyhow.   If you paint the one you have tan, it certainly would not harm it at all?  Years ago there was an auction with close to 40 tripods.  Myself and buddy ended up with at least 10 of them.  There were some nicer ones in the bunch and some average ones.  I'll have to check, but I think both of us sold what we needed down to a manageable level?  I bought a pair of minty one's from Curt years ago that I set aside for these two guns, but I should have at least one more somewhere? 

16 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

AFAIK there are no tan lafettes for the 42's....original anyhow.   If you paint the one you have tan, it certainly would not harm it at all?  Years ago there was an auction with close to 40 tripods.  Myself and buddy ended up with at least 10 of them.  There were some nicer ones in the bunch and some average ones.  I'll have to check, but I think both of us sold what we needed down to a manageable level?  I bought a pair of minty one's from Curt years ago that I set aside for these two guns, but I should have at least one more somewhere? 

Johnson, are you interested in selling one of your Lafettes?

FWIW there's a Lafette on the block at Centurion, lot 95140

https://centurionauctions.hibid.com/catalog/443725/firearm---military-surplus--nfa-machine-gun--and-antique/?ipp=10

I'll let you guys figure out what it's worth, I know nothing about them

The Lafette for the 42 in the auction is a yugo rework of a German cradle.  The cradle had a yugo data plate riveted over the top which was drilled off to reveal German markings on top of the cradle.  That part looks pretty good.  The downside is the lower part of the tripod is yugo.....which means it's functional, but not collectible.  At that point you may as well get one from RTG for 600?  The opening lever on top is also broken off, which is why they changed the design later to eliminate that.

Here are some photos of three that I have.  Unfortunately I sold off the rest a few years back, but at least it's a reference point?  One of these may be an MG34 conversion top (I forgot to look closely) end, which was somewhat common to take lafette 34's, install a new buffer and mount up front, and modify the back lugs to take the 42.  A few other mods as well.  

I do have at least one MGZ40 scope available listed on sturm.    Last photo shows a complete rig with scope, collimator, light cable, box, etc.  and a bunch more accy. 

RKALSKI, that paint job is 1000% improvement over how they come in that yugo paint.  I'd say you added value! 

20230404_173929[1].jpg

20230404_173950[1].jpg

20230404_174215[1].jpg

20230404_175504[1].jpg

• Like 1

Thanks.  It was dunkelgelb and red oxide over the Yugo green.

I did have to replace the sled since my M53 would not fit properly.  Not even sure where I found a sled on the loose but IIRC it was priced very cheaply and worked perfectly.  Of course, after taking the sled out, I realized I did it in the most difficult way possible LOL.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys. I ask for your advice: there is no plate on one of the aiming nodes .. look for the original? it's long and complicated .. or can I make a copy? this is fast, but the sighting part may be offended that I ruined her story for her .. I ask for advice from professionals

IMG_2023-7-10-163200.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, maxfaxdude said:

Nice!

I've also got a Maget made in 1944.

I completely agree with your opinion. Whatever it is, you are definitely thinking correctly. It really is. Although I don't know exactly what is being said in this context, I believe that there is room http://essaypapers.reviews/ in our world for the incredible and the inexplicable.

025.JPG

oh my gooood

Edited by patientcrista