Colt Style Actuator Knob

Does anyone have a lead or know of someone who has two Colt Style Actuator Knobs for sale? They have the screw thread on the end to put a nut on it to mount it to a Dummy Gun. I think Doug Richardson made them originally. I have been looking and have been coming up empty handed. Thank you in advance.

Edited by mbc230

Try Board member reconbob at Philadelphia Ordnance. I believe he sold one or more from the Doug Richardson estate on gunbroker.com a while back.

17 minutes ago, TD. said:

Try Board member reconbob at Philadelphia Ordnance. I believe he sold one or more from the Doug Richardson estate on gunbroker.com a while back.

Thanks TD, but I am looking for any source at this point or if anyone has any extras they are willing to part with.

Edited by mbc230

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if there is a gunsmith out there who would make a few for me? I am just trying to weigh my options at this point as I am having no luck. Thank you.

I have already started a batch of the Doug-style M1921 display knobs with the teardrop shaped cutout. I have the special cutter, and the ball knurls and I am waiting for the holder for the knurls.

As stated in your previous post your are looking to get them from “any source or anyone” except me, so I guess this doesn’t help you, but will help many others. The M1921 display/dummy knobs were one of Doug’s more popular items.

I will post a pick when I have them.

Bob

• Like 1

I have already started a batch of the Doug-style M1921 display knobs with the teardrop shaped cutout. I have the special cutter, and the ball knurls and I am waiting for the holder for the knurls.

As stated in your previous post your are looking to get them from “any source or anyone” except me, so I guess this doesn’t help you, but will help many others. The M1921 display/dummy knobs were one of Doug’s more popular items.

I will post a pick when I have them.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...