Reising mags

BMG

Dealer Buck hustlers? What does that mean? Guys selling parts are hustlers and they are responsible for what a pair (or more) of idiots bud something up to? Then others follow and price their similar products at the closing/selling bids?? Isn’t that how the free market system works? 

I don’t like that things keep going up, but it’s the way things go. 

Edited by Got Uzi

4 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

Dealer Buck hustlers? What does that mean? Guys selling parts are hustlers and they are responsible for what a pair (or more) of idiots bud  something up to? Then others follow and price their similar products at the closing/selling bids?? Isn’t that how the free market system works? 

I don’t like that things keep going up, but it’s the way things go. 

Guys selling stuff,, no they are not for the most part a Buck Hustler.    There are Dealers on GB that that over price items looking for fast revenue and someone paying for the inflated price.    I saw a M50 mag for something like 4-5 hundred dollars I forgot exactly what it was but it was obvious the seller (dealer) was looking for a hot sale, that is how they make revenue and that always makes  prices go up.     The mag pouch and mags shown went for 600 bucks on GB or at least the one just like it and that was a good deal I thought.

Are you a Dealer?

I’m a dealer but I have two ways I buy-if it’s for me, I’ll pay more but if I’m buying for repair parts or resale, I have to buy for as low as possible. i contacted the seller as I’m interested mainly in the pouch for a Reising M55 display I’m working on. I couldn’t care less for the mags as I won’t shoot my one M55 as it’s too nice, and the other one I have mags for already. I’ve got a couple local guys wanting M50/M55/M60 mags so I was gonna pass the mags off to them if something came to fruition. 

Guys who list for overly inflated prices will normally bring prices down as the listing runs with no interest. Been there, done that on lowering prices as my gauge of market prices was off.

Don’t you want the best dollar for your item when you sell it? You show me someone who doesn’t care, and I’ll show you someone who would be interested in beach front property in Arizona. 

Last time I checked, you have to buy low, sell high (or least a fair margin) to pay the bills and stay in business….did something change while I wasn’t looking?

There is nothing wrong with profit As I said anyone can charge whatever they want Just like anyone can pay that or not. But if we look across the board when one item goes up the person who has another one thinks well heck that's what it's worth. So the only way to reverse it is stop paying the price. But there is the next problem if you don't like it someone always will pay up.

Amen to that Jim

Keystone is making Christie-clone 30s in batches when they get enough orders but they must not think there's enough of a market for 20s to bother.

I think they're missing a bet

5 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

... and Fartsalot's $600 for that package is a buyer's pipe dream.  The actual value is more like twice that amount

I know and I missed the boat with that GB offer but I did not have the knowledge as to what it was worth in the real world.

I do have a standing order for Keystone 30s but they have not offered them yet.   I think they have some 20s they are holding on to.

I'm in the process of obtaining my 5th 20rnd mag and that is all I want to invest in.   Two of them I got for 125 bucks for both ha ha.     I have two 30s and one is problematic and the other is good until the last 3 rounds, it came from Auto weapons where I bought the gun.

Edited by fartsalot

Well, back to the OP:

What discussion did the OP, a new member with no History and only one post,  BMG want to have ?

Value ? Five original Reising mags @ $200 each (market price) plus a pouch ? I'd say $1000 package deal for all is about right.

Yes, Reising magazines are expensive, seems they have always been tough to find. Back in the mid 1980's was looking for a spare Reising mag and found one at a Gun Show from a dealer for the (at the time) high price of $40. Thompson mags were only $5- 10 at that time. No internet sales then either. Reising  Model 50 went for $200-400 at that time, less tax.

Alternatives have been discussed here. The Taiwan mags SARCO and others sold a few years ago were pretty good, only $50 IIRC. I got one, the only issue was a short spring ! Replaced it with a trimmed Thompson mag spring and it ran fine.

The Pro Mag .45 cal UZI mag can be adapted with a sleeve or some careful metal work. Tried a couple with the 3-D printed sleeve and it worked great, except the sleeve moves under recoil. Have to figure a way to anchor it.

Way back when there was an article in FIREPOWER or SWAT magazine about converting a 30 round Thompson mag to run in a Reising. A bit of work but it functioned ! The author made replacement follower out of hardwood.

Of course sometimes you luck out. Was at a small Gun Show about 10 years ago. Mostly club members cleaning out the attic sort of thing. Sporty firearms and hunting.  Fellow in the back of the hall had some military rifles and parts for sale. Sign said BAR AND THOMPSON MAGAZINES .  Looked over the box of mags and found a Reising 20 rounder. Guy said, hey I've got more of those. Same price as Thompson mags. How about a package deal ?

So I purchased every mag the guy had. Will not mention what price was paid. Don't want to cause Fartsalot to have a bout of the vapors !

😜

At one time when I was considering the TSMG mag conversion I emailed Keystone to see it they were making replacement followers.  They had no plans to do so.  That was before 3D printers became commonplace.  If you decide to alter TSMG mags you may want to look at that route rather than whittling.

I have a copy of the article about modifying TSMG mags.  It was in Firepower magazine  in Sept 1988.  I can scan it for you if you need a copy.  PM me your email.

Since you're going to be butchering a Thompson mag, you may want to consider starting with a WH mag rather than using up a GI XXX mag.

Also see this thread https://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?threads/anyone-have-cad-of-reising-mags.98661/

20 hours ago, Ivan said:

Well, back to the OP:

What discussion did the OP, a new member with no History and only one post,  BMG want to have ?

Value ? Five original Reising mags @ $200 each (market price) plus a pouch ? I'd say $1000 package deal for all is about right.

Yes, Reising magazines are expensive, seems they have always been tough to find. Back in the mid 1980's was looking for a spare Reising mag and found one at a Gun Show from a dealer for the (at the time) high price of $40. Thompson mags were only $5- 10 at that time. No internet sales then either. Reising  Model 50 went for $200-400 at that time, less tax.

Alternatives have been discussed here. The Taiwan mags SARCO and others sold a few years ago were pretty good, only $50 IIRC. I got one, the only issue was a short spring ! Replaced it with a trimmed Thompson mag spring and it ran fine.

The Pro Mag .45 cal UZI mag can be adapted with a sleeve or some careful metal work. Tried a couple with the 3-D printed sleeve and it worked great, except the sleeve moves under recoil. Have to figure a way to anchor it.

Way back when there was an article in FIREPOWER or SWAT magazine about converting a 30 round Thompson mag to run in a Reising. A bit of work but it functioned ! The author made replacement follower out of hardwood.

Of course sometimes you luck out. Was at a small Gun Show about 10 years ago. Mostly club members cleaning out the attic sort of thing. Sporty firearms and hunting.  Fellow in the back of the hall had some military rifles and parts for sale. Sign said BAR AND THOMPSON MAGAZINES .  Looked over the box of mags and found a Reising 20 rounder. Guy said, hey I've got more of those. Same price as Thompson mags. How about a package deal ?

So I purchased every mag the guy had. Will not mention what price was paid. Don't want to cause Fartsalot to have a bout of the vapors !

😜

Thanks Ivan for holding that info so I can sleep tonight  LMAO

A while back I talked to Krystal at Keystone and she said they needed a place to set up the tooling for the mags or something of that nature.    I got on her good side when I sent a return to her.    I boxed up the item and put some chocolate candy bars in the package for her, now we are Buddys LOL.

Well I never thought my post would start such a fuss. That wasn’t my attention.  1st off it’s no scam and the post is 100% real and I am not trying to price gouge anyone.

The mags were purchased in the late 80s with the hope of one day getting a model 50 added to my collection.  The prices for the Reising are out of reach for me, so I have no reason to keep the mags and would like to sell them for a fair price.

If you are interested let me know and I will try to respond.  If I don’t respond quickly don’t let that hurt your feelings as I don’t spend a lot of time on the forums.