Finally ...

My West Hurley Model 1928 TSMG was finally released from ATF jail after almost 8 months (electronic form submission)!!!  My purchase included many extra parts to include a couple older Savage non-crossbolted 1928 buttstocks, foregrips, etc ... I spent a good deal of my time while in ATF purgatory cleaning & refinishing all the extra wood - thanks to the instruction offered in TD's book, "An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun".

The previous owner maintained this gun well and had previously retro-fitted all the original WH parts with USGI internals. Best of all - she functions and fires perfectly!

Side note in case you're wondering about the case ... I was lucky enough to find a Kahr Thompson case with broken hinges on eBay (for $0.99) and I was hoping I could retro-fit the cut foam into something more substantial and lockable such as a Pelican case for travleing. As it turned out, I only needed to trim off about an 1 inch of foam on the right side and it fit perfectly! I use the excess end of the 16" barrel cut to hold my plastic magazine loader. 

20230719_185549.jpg

20230718_163513.jpg

20230719_185529.jpg

20230716_125552.jpg

Edited by katanafred
update
  • Like 3

Congratulations! It's a great day when you finally get to bring one home. I've just had a BAR approved this week after more than 10 months. Now waiting (not) patiently for the stamp to be issued so I can begin the road trip. Cheers!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 5:38 PM, ron_brock said:

Nothing like that feeling when she’s finally yours after all the money and wait!!

Ron

Just like getting married....🤔

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ron_brock said:

Hmmm,  I like my Colt better, lol 😁

Ron

😂🤣

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, Chief762 said:

Now waiting (not) patiently for the stamp to be issued so I can begin the road trip. Cheers!

Hmph. Last 15 forms I put through ATF all I've ever gotten back is an approved form as an Adobe pdf file with a scanned copy of the stamp. I guess they don't mail you a copy with an original stamp anymore.

On 7/23/2023 at 2:22 PM, SP Sarge said:

Hmph. Last 15 forms I put through ATF all I've ever gotten back is an approved form as an Adobe pdf file with a scanned copy of the stamp. I guess they don't mail you a copy with an original stamp anymore.

Yep. It's an individual Form 4 on paper. There'll be a physical stamp but how long it takes to get to the transferring owner is anyone's guess. NFA Branch doesn't get in much of a hurry for law abiding citizens.