Lost tax stamp

mondabottle

17 minutes ago, mondabottle said:

I cant find my tax stamp and paper work.. How do I apply for a duplicate?

My transferring dealer had a fire in the building and my form 4 was destroyed.
He called the ATF help number and spoke to them.
Story wasn't hard to verify as it was all over the news.
He was called back by the examiner for our area (at that time) who sent replacement paperwork in the form of a printed copy.

What I did not get was another actual stamp on the form.

Richard

23 hours ago, mondabottle said:

I cant find my tax stamp and paper work.. How do I apply for a duplicate?

Lesson learned. Not only do I keep the original Forms in a small safe, or secure area, but I also make several copies for field use, AND take pictures and store them on my computer/cloud.

On 9/6/2023 at 10:35 AM, APEXgunparts said:

My transferring dealer had a fire in the building and my form 4 was destroyed.
He called the ATF help number and spoke to them.
Story wasn't hard to verify as it was all over the news.
He was called back by the examiner for our area (at that time) who sent replacement paperwork in the form of a printed copy.

What I did not get was another actual stamp on the form.

Richard

My stamp and approval were lost in the mail from ATF to my dealer. Same result. Printed copy and no stamp.   Looks fake but nothing I can do. 

Eric

Hi mondabottle,

I just requested copies to recover paperwork for a friend.  Had him sign a letter with make, model, S/N, caliber, and his address requesting copies.  Sent it to NFAFAX@atf.gov 

I got a response the next day indicating they would be right on it in no sooner than 90 days :(.

Please let us know how quickly they turn your request around.  I'll do the same.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

Edited by Grasshopper
grammar

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Hi mondabottle,

I just requested copies to recover paperwork for a friend.  Had him sign a letter with make, model, S/N, caliber, and his address requesting copies.  Sent it to NFAFAX@atf.gov 

I got a response the next day indicating they would be right no it in no sooner than 90 days :(.

Please let us know how quickly they turn your request around.  I'll do the same.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

I'm happy you got a response! Sometimes the ATF does in fact work well. I've been lucky in all my situations, they have been responsive and fairly timely.

Yes, replacements are always photocopies,  only one original with the actual stamp. I'm just wondering what happens to the real stamp when efiled forms are sent, because you only get a copy, no real stamp. It has to be somewhere.

5 hours ago, BillinBama said:

Yes, replacements are always photocopies,  only one original with the actual stamp. I'm just wondering what happens to the real stamp when efiled forms are sent, because you only get a copy, no real stamp. It has to be somewhere.

It's like an old letter with a cancelled stamp.  I suppose the ATF only cares about actual transfers.