Carl Gustaf M2 and M72 LAW - on Form 3s?

ranger1385

On 12/7/2023 at 5:38 PM, ranger1385 said:

I saw these posted on Sturm.  If you possess a used law tube or AT-4 tube they need to be on Form-3's?  Is there something I'm missing?     

Carl Gustaf M2 and M72 LAW - on Form 3s - NFA Market Board - Sturmgewehr.com Forums

That is possibly the stupidest idea ever. When I was just six years old my father gave me an expended LAW tube that we used to play Army with. I guess I should be on the "watch" list.

• 4 months later...

From what I understand, these LAWs were converted to take some sort of reloadabke ammo. Possibly an RPG-2 style round. 

Either way I'd avoid them as I am pretty certain they are TXMGO re-activations that are less than quality welds and they have been proven to lie about hoe they reactivate stuff

Don't know about the LAW conversions other than some subcal kits, but there are "non-DD" rounds available for the carl gustov so that would need to be registered since they directly fire out of the tube.   All of the other stuff that there is no ammo for that fits isn't really a problem, even though some guys love the though of registering them?   Sticking a subcal kit below DD level into a tube doesn't mean the tube has to be registered. 

I find the panzerschrek and the pzf-3 most interesting.  The guys messing with the rockets do some really cool stuff, unfortunately what aft has done to the rocket industry has taken all the fun out of that as well.