Ever seen any grips like these on a Swedish k

Absolutely custom, not OEM. But..... I love them!

I guess they address the single biggest complaint about the M45, that is the grips.

14 hours ago, JJX said:

I never had any complaints with the standard grips but those look very interesting. 

I find it odd that so many people (even YouTube reviews) love the gun but complain vociferously about the grips. I have no issues with them.... seem to work just fine.

On 1/17/2024 at 7:28 AM, BPinFL said:

I've got the repop black composite grips on one of mine. Somewhat thinner than the original wood ones. Really like them. BP

so I have the gray and black ones, they are thinner so how did you manage with the mounting screws so they do not stick out into your hands?

If they got them in the 1980’s I wonder if they are pre sample guns? Many departments have no idea what a pre sample is but they could be sitting on a nice chunk of money if they indeed are. 

On 1/19/2024 at 8:46 PM, Lewisfan said:

Could you use a layer of felt (or similar) between the new grips and grip frame to get the width to match the OEM screw lengths?  Just a thought...

The thickness difference is quite a bit relative to the screw length. I will give this a try. 

What I was going to do was install the grips, then mark the screws, disassemble and then after putting the retaining nut on, cut the screw to the correct length. The only issue is that once you do this, the screws are only good for the plastic grips AND, finding extra wood grip mounting screws is impossible.