M45 New Arrival; John Andrewski Overhaul

Pics speak for themselves. Every weld redone, every part refinished. Even the mainspring and bolt/barrel are reblued. Note the bayonet lug shroud.

This is a Crown kit built on a Wilson tube, transferrable. 1497476999_MB094Pic1.thumb.jpeg.1071a7f9550c0630600d0e15cb987688.jpeg66940984_MB094Pic2.thumb.jpeg.fe2a48ea634d87694ffe78f1dd0af409.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:14 PM, Slowmo said:

Was it an Andrewski build that you were having refurbished or a gun made by someone else that you had John work his magic on?

John and his dad Stan made all of the "L" series "K"s out there (about 200) and this was a MB series gun (about 200 of these, NOT made by Andrewski). As I noted in a different thread on the history of the MB and L series guns, the early MB ones were functional but not really made well, and over the years  John has rebuilt many of the MB gun, and even reworked the L series ones. When the guns were cheap, the cost of reworking them was more than the value of the gun, but now a days, it's a different story. 

This gun is a MB series Wilson tube gun. John un-built it 100% and then rebuilt the gun as shown. The rebuild included a Crown kit (all Crown components), new assembly (welds) paint and of course the gorgeous bluing of all non-painted parts. Even the mainspring is blued! I provided the M45C shroud with bayonet lug (John also restored a conventional shroud for me). John also modified the end cap to the M45B configuration (hook). 

Since I now own two, this gun will be an investment unit, and I modestly say that it is absolutely stunning. I have a matching re-blued drum mag and of course plenty of stick mags, night sights, brass catcher etc.

Scott

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Slowmo said:

Very nice! I like the look of the bayonet shroud.

Super tough to find. Took me a year to get one! I have the matching bayonet also. 

On 3/4/2024 at 6:06 AM, timkel said:

Very nice. Interesting grip panels.

So the grips are later issue ones used for official ceremony type events. OEM are wood, which I kept. The plastic grips come in black and gray, both look very nice and of course fit perfectly. 

Believe it or not, the sling was, along with the bayonet lug shroud, the most difficult of parts to find.

On 3/6/2024 at 8:04 AM, Rekraps said:

So the grips are later issue ones used for official ceremony type events. OEM are wood, which I kept. The plastic grips come in black and gray, both look very nice and of course fit perfectly. 

They look much better then the wood panels. Are they rare?

3 hours ago, timkel said:

They look much better then the wood panels. Are they rare?

Not at all. I just happen to have seen them on GB and bought one set of black and one set of gray. Go on GB and search "Swedish K", there is a guy named Watchman (Joe is his real name) and send him a question for any item, but ask about the Crown Grips. He may have extra sets available. I think they are ~$60. they fit perfect and look great. We think they are late issue Swedish ceremony grips. I refinish the wood ones but they just never look good.