New or used Blish lock?

This Blish I bought was advertised as nos. It looks used to me. Am I crazy?

Please advise,

R/s, Hiller………..

20C2C064-5B5E-4740-8FBA-3C8C35F89048.jpeg

Actually, it looks like a NOS cosmolined up blish. Clean that baby up and I bet it works just fine.

Posted (edited)

You don’t see the wear on the right and left ears from use?

I’m not questioning if it will work.  I have several others with the Same wear pattern. It looks like it has already been working and not new was my question. 

R/s, Hiller………

66342BC9-5D2D-41DB-844B-E79D402B61CB.jpeg

FF740106-F3CF-4B85-A80F-9BC825DDBE7D.jpeg

Edited by Hiller
Ad pics

Yes, that is a used blish lock. I would also say that the wear rises to the level of damage vs. normal wear. In a properly functioning gun you don’t see wear like that.

A lot of people sell used parts as new either because they are dishonest or because they don’t know the difference. There was a breech oiler listed as MINT/NOS up on GB for the longest time and the felt was worn and dirty and the bluing was 50% gone and you could see the ring shaped wear marks where the buffer hits. Really at a glance you knew it was not MINT, but there it was.

You have to be careful with cosmoline. I bought some NOS mag catches from a reputable seller, they were packed in little zip lock bags and all gunked up so I just put them in the bin. Months later when i degreased them to use them they were all badly pitted. I am sure the seller did not know and was duped by whoever he got them from.

Bob

• Like 2

Thanx for conformation.  Sell er probably doesn't look at the parts he sells with any care. 

Guess it could happen to anyone if they arn't paying  attention.

R/s, Hiller......................