Plastic bullet training ammo and barrel on Morphy's

I just saw this listed on Morphy's Auction site, a package of TWELVE boxes of the Swedish K training ammo with the frangible plastic bullets plus the barrel required to shoot them. $1000 is the current bid.  No affiliation, etc. I just wanted to let everyone know if there is interest.  Scott, you know who I'm talking about.

Huh, how about that.  When this Swedish training first came in, the only thing that anyone wanted was the 36 round stripper clips they were installed in.  Nobody wanted the ammo.  So, I got myself an Uzi barrel made for this ammo and picked up 1000 rounds of this ammo for nothing.  The only thing the seller wanted was the shipping cost.

Yeah, I had some I swapped off, not worth much if you don't have a barrel.

Ya you swapped them off to me for a great deal! I too was just looking for the clips, and you delivered. 

I just saw on Sturm that the winner of the bid is selling the barrel, just wanted the ammo, so if somebody wants the barrel go over there.

1 hour ago, BillinBama said:

I just saw on Sturm that the winner of the bid is selling the barrel, just wanted the ammo, so if somebody wants the barrel go over there.

What's he asking?

He hasn't determined the price, said he would when he gets it and does a little checking.

It's not 'plastic' ammo.  It's a sub-caliber hard steel projectile with a plastic compound to hold it in place and feed properly.  When fired, the plastic disintegrates and the little steel ball goes down the smoothbore barrel with a high velocity.  But, it loses speed quickly and doesn't even travel 100 meters.  I used to shoot skeet with my Swedish K.  It's more difficult than with a shotgun.

Back when this stuff first came into the country, several folks tried to make barrels for it.  Most used .22lr barrels and quickly found out that the hardened steel 'bb' wore out the bore in short order.  Others didn't get the chamber dimensions correct, and functioning was problematic.

The ammo is Berdan primed, and the plastic matrix holding the steel ball leaves a black dust behind that will get into everything.  So, if you shoot this ammo, you will need to clean thoroughly after you use it.  But, it's a lot of fun that you can shoot at shorter ranges without worrying about where your bullets go.  They are hard steel, so do NOT use on steel targets!!!