Love My Country But My Government Is Nuts...

USPS Commemorative Stamp

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the
EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your stamps at the post office. 

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those
AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

DDAYJune6, I don't think any of us assume that all Muslims are terrorists, yet, they have a heavy burden to disprove!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Racial profiling? I suppose that if I commit the crime of savagely blowing people to pieces, their children to pieces, their loved ones away with a cowards device-a bomb- And I happen to be a white male. And I (as a white male) do this with enough repetition and some of my white male friends do this as well...... Then you gosh darn better look at the possiblity that somewhere some white males are planning, plotting, and putting more cowards devices in place to kill more innocent people. White males should not be treated any differently than anyone else-However, to ignore the facts that white males have been active in this cowardly activity is akin to the ostrich putting it's head in the sand. Maybe we should then make a stamp supporting the white male. If you want to buy any sort of stamp-DO SO..It's a free country (thank you God) Just do not call choosing not to buy a white male stamp racial profiling. Go out and buy a whole bunch of stamps glorifying the accomplishments of the white male. WOW My $.02 worth.

I may not agree with what you are saying...But I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Edited by chopperjimmy

My intent was not to profile any group, race, or religion. However despite America being the melting pot at some point I personally believe it in the best interest as a whole not to honor specific groups. The quote was just that obtained from a source other than myself, the information was presented to increase knowledge not start a movement.

Personally I feel the Muslims have claimed enough American lives to justify my boycott of the stamp.

Where is the Catholic stamp? How ‘bout the Buddhist, Hindu, Mormon, Lutheran, Mennonite, Shaker, Anglican, Methodist, Quaker or Amish stamps? Just to name a few.

Most of the worlds religions don’t advocate the annihilation of those who don’t agree with you (at least not overtly).

well you have to understand that this is america and everyone has equal rights. you say that enough americans have been killed by muslims to justify a boycott, but you have to understand that not all muslims hate us so much. Iran for all its faults is the most pro american country in the middle east, they were the only ones to have a candle light prayer service after sept 11. you say your not racial profiling yet you feel that you can hate all of a certain religion, just because a few are bad people. besides we are white male gun owners, what we say dont matter Edited by DDAYJune6

QUOTE (DDAYJune6 @ Nov 12 2004, 10:42 AM)
Iran for all its faults is the most pro american country in the middle east, they were the only ones to have a candle light prayer service after sept 11.

Come on! Do you really beleive this?

I try to respect everyone's opinions here but you are making that job rather difficult.

I must refrain from commenting on DDAYJune6 post. As it is not appropriate for me to negatively comment another members point of view.

I watched Saving Private Ryan last night and I just want to say that I honor the men and women who gave their all in defending America and Liberty. Nice shots of the Thompson. I also want to mention that I appreciate and value the sacrafices of our veterans even if I disagreed (and I didn't) with the reasons or ideologies behind the reasons for the conflict.

America honors all peoples-we are a nation built of Italians, African Americans, Spaniards, Polish, Czecks, Russians, Mexicans, Swedes, French, Europeans, Native Americans, Australlians, Germans, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, and Middle-Easterners. We are the Heinz-57 of the world.

Again, buy any type of stamp you want to.

May god bless America. Thank you to all veterans.

not sure why you would have a negative comment, my posts are all more in line with yours about america honoring all peoples, i was just commenting on what i see and hear all over, if your muslim your probably a terrorist. its dangerous to label a group of people on the conduct of a few, we all pray and hope that all white gun owners are not labeld crazy just because a few go ape shit and kill a few people

and if you like spr, buy the 60th anniversery dday edition, lots of extras that you will like

Edited by DDAYJune6

DDay--

I haven't been hearing that statement too much. What I've been hearing is a little different. If I switch your words around, it more accurately portrays my concerns. "If you are a terrorist, are you likely to be a Muslim?" I don't think a stamp honoring a religion is wrong. However, I think the timing stinks and I also question what this particular religion stands for.

you say your not racial profiling yet you feel that you can hate all of a certain religion, just because a few are bad people.

Hate is a strong word and one that I never used, it is my opinion that this is innapropriate in this day and time. Especially when promoted and sponsored by our government, I am not against any religion and at the moment the only thing I strongly oppose is support of this stamp.

besides we are white male gun owners, what we say dont matter

Now that sounds like racial profiling