Did I Miss Something?

Bill-

The Sportsmans Guide is notorious for enforcing "corporate" policies - the law be damned. From what I can tell reading peoples stories on this forum and others, they elect just to not sell certain items that they think could cause lawsuits in certain states. Since NJ is pretty much anti-gun, they probably just don't think it is worth the potental trouble.

One other thought - does the kit come with a magazine? I thought NJ had some crazy rules about magazine capacities over 10 rounds.

Some of my friends cannot order ammo from them because they live in Annapolis, MD. TSG said it was "too close to DC", when it is a good 40+ miles. No matter how much they bitched, wrote letters and went up the chain, they always said no... even though it is completely legal to mail order ammo in this state.

I would suggest finding another vendor, like Cole Distributing to get your kit. Tell TSG you won't spend another nickel with them and live up to it. We have enough problems with liberal government and anti-gun movements to waste our time with a vendor enforcing its own "laws" Screw 'em- cancel your membership in the "club" if you have one and tell them to never send you another catalog or email. Proudly spend your money with a vendor who supports your second amendment rights - or at least understands the laws with respect to parts kits.

Fair warning tough - I heard that Sarco also logs transactions to ALL residents for machine gun parts for the NJ authorities. Read Diane's information below...

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invb...=ST&f=15&t=5914

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/soapbox.gif

(Sorry for the rant - this really irks me... can you tell!??!?)

Chris.

QUOTE (philasteen @ Feb 13 2006, 10:49 AM)
SG is the kind of place you don't want to order from unless there is a really good reason.

IMHO, $400 "L" drums and $550 '28 kits are really good reasons.

Those are good reasons fer sure... But I've bought several things from them and have been very pleased....

Blaine

I just got a 28 parts kit from them last week and it is real nice. Still waiting on the drums ?

The 20 rnd mags are so so, definately not great.

Go to the SG home page and put Thompson in the search bar to find parts kits.

Whats the web address for IMHO referred to earlier

Edited by docmolar

I received a 28 finned barrel kit from the guide. I ordered it and one week later I received it Fri 10th. All of the internals and horizontal stock were like new, the stock and grip were very rough. The barrel and the comp. had slight rust. Overall, probably worth the money. javascript:emoticon('<_<')

smilie