Who Owns A Real Mp40, Class Iii Or Dewat ?

Thanks Hawk,

Yes the MP40 has been rode hard and put away wet...but the bore is good and it runs like a top with just about any thing you can stuff into the mags http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Really would like to find a twin mount but the ones I have located are way off base with the price...would look cool in the back of my duce-n-1/2 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob, is the mp40 a transferable or is it a pre/post sample?Also, the serial # placement is in a different spot than i am used to seeing on a receiver tube...is it possibly a "COS" stamped receiver? And it looks like "A" block serial# prefix (or suffix?) What do you usually charge per magazine to shoot it at the shoots?

It's a post sample. You can see the differance in the tube in front of and to the rear of the mag well strap. Front with the number (suffix n) is original and it's mated to a Philly tube.

Depends on the shoot but usally the MP40, MPL, MP5, M16, M50, M76, UZI and Thompsons go for 10-15 bucks per mag. Thompson Drum and PPsh drum 15-20. MG3/42 and 1919A4 runs 15-20 per belt of 50, RPD is 25 bucks per drum, M240G runs 25 per belt of 50, M79, M203 8-10 bucks per round and the Lahti 20mm runs 20 bucks per round.

Spring shoot in Albany and Grants Pass are coming up in May, maybe see you there!

Hi Bob,

Great looking collection..........

And two Lugers......

What makers/dates are they, matching numbers too?

Regards,

Steve.

Bob, Albany and Grants pass eh?....That sounds cool! How well is the shoot (s) attended? I probably will attend one or another of the shoots (gotta get my fix! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif ) It sure looks as if i need lots of money though!!! And i will do my best to wear out your mp40!! AH HA HA HA HA! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

The earlier MP40 back ends looked like the one Bob posted. The very latest ones (bnz 1943) had a "one piece lower". The maker code and year was on the hump portion, not the round portion of the receiver cap. If you laid the gun down on its cocking handle side, you would be able to read those markings right side up. Is that what you are seeing different about Bob's?

Hi Waffen, Actually, i was refering to serial# on the receiver tube, that's what caught my eye....Didn't the Germans have a set rule on where to place the serial#? it seemed to be placed in the same place thoughout the mp38 production and into the early mp40 production

Hi Mark,

The Albany shoot is well attended in the spring and it is a two day event. Grants pass is also well attended but it's a long drive for me..it's only a one day shoot. My partner is closing the deal on a M60 after the first of the year so we should have two of those for rent as well as a Minimi (M249).

You should be able to get your fill of trigger time for 200 bucks...but then it can be habit forming! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Linge @ Dec 27 2003, 05:57 PM)
I`m new here but I own 3 Mp40's,2 1928A1 thompsons, 3 sten guns(Mk2,Mk3,Mk5)MG34,MG42,Madsen MG,Bren Gun MG,Stg 44.
The MP40's are just big fun to shoot with 2-300 rounds goes out in no time.

Rolf Gunnar Aanes
Norway

Hi Rolfe,

Glad to see you here at the sight !

What a NICE collection ! Are they all shootable ? Hard to imagine what it's like to own one of your beauties let alone ALL of what you have.

Thanks for sharing with us. Great photo.

Dan G.

Girard, PA USA

This is my BNZ 41 MP40, purchased in 1992 for $2,700. This came from the estate of a vet in Las Vegas. Fortunately, he had registered it during the 1967 amnesty. This is an all matching gun, excellent throughout with its original sling and about 85% of the original finish remaining. It's a pleasure to shoot!

MVC_005S.JPG

Very nice MP! Howard, thanks for posting the picture! I wish that I could own it! But unless Wash State changes it's tune, I will have to move to have one..(which I should do anyways..)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Mark!

My pleasure in posting the picture, and thanks to our able board administrators for making it easy enough to post pictures to where even I can do it!

The back half of the gun was still attached to the front half the last time I looked!

• 1 month later...

Always wanted a full auto MP40 and MP44.Well in 1995,after requesting from a well regarded C3 dealer for an MP40 museum piece(waited for more than 4 years)he phoned me and said he had one.Well,having my C+R3 license I agreed to buy it for the princely sum of $3500.00.

When it arrived,it was literally new.See,it was on the wall at the Newport Military Museum for as far back as the transfer papers of origin.Of course,I put the original bolt,barrel assembly away and replaced it with an MP40 kit part.

I've shot it a dozen times using new ammo only.All matching BNZ41.

Well,now for a follow up with an STG44.That one cost $7500.00 and was a late war model wherby the trigger group was phosphated and the rest of the gun blued.All matching including the original paper manual in the butt of the gun!!

Shot old corrosive ammo first then went to new brass.Man does that barrel get HOT !!

Very accurate shooting.Cycles about 550-600rpm.

Lastly,I also wanted an MG42 that I missed by hours for $6000..BUT now with prices in the 20K plus catagorie,I am afraid I am priced out of the market.

In time I wonder who will be able to afford these guns once they pass to a new owner. Not me.

I currently have a Wilson tube AYF43 MP40 w/12 mags. I love the wilson MP40's, never have I had a single jam. I bought mine back in 2002 for the amazing price of 4k. Brocks Guns down in Georgia had two for sale, and I had to get one. Well the purchase was well worth the money and the wait. If you dont have one yet, shame on you, save up and buy one!

Tim

Wilson Tube MP40. I bought it in 1989 for the sum of $1300 +transfer tax. It never worked properly until I discovered the extractor was frozen in the bolt. A 2 day soak in PB blaster and it came loose. It runs perfectly now. I installed one of the fixed firing pin bolts from a post-war gun to use with the dirty Wolf ammo. It runs perfectly. It is an ayf 43. Bore is vg. Stock is slightly loose. It will roll a bowling ball across a grassy field at 50 yards. My favorite class III gun of all I have ever shot.

All matching C&R ayf 41. It is on transfer now. I am looking for a matching mag and an original mag loader in very good-excellent condition. I picked up a parts kit and a fixed firing pin assembly so I can shoot it.

THANKS

Carey

Jay,

No actually I live up in Northern VA. I manage to find their advertisement a while back when I was doing my usual class 3 browsing. I saw the opportunity to pick up a badass c3 weapon for a great price, so I took it. What type of MP40 do you have? Wilson? Erb? Pearl?

Its also a Wilson. I've bought a few things from Brock's over the years. He's an interesting person to deal with, but his prices have risen faster than internet prices over the years. No real deals anymore.

• 1 month later...

All matching ayf 43 as of last Sunday.

Has only minor scratches at the exterior finish, with something like 98-99% of original blueing completely intact. Internally, no marks of wear whatsoever and both the bolt head and the barrel look like nib.

So, somebody has carried it around for a short while, or it has been laying in a vehicle. But other than that, it appears pretty much unused MP40. I really wonder how that is possible...

Mala

Ps. Oh yeah, being a Finn, had to pay $1K for it http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

BNZ 41

QUOTE (BNZ41 @ Mar 3 2004, 04:27 PM)
an STG44-was a late war model wherby the trigger group was phosphated and the rest of the gun blued.

Who made this 44? Is the bluing over phospahate suposed to be indicitive of all late war guns? I have a 45 dated Hanel made gun that is all blue and a friend of mone has a 44 dated that is all phospahate (sorry I do not know the maker on his). Hummmm Interesting

PS I want to meet your Class III dealer!

• 2 weeks later...
My son had me trade a mp5sd for a mp40 i always wanted one but a mp5 was nice. i got the mp5 through a deal with my wife 18 years ago. she wanted another kid and i wanted a mp5 so the trade was on. so the mp5 was really his.he is a real chip off the old block talked me into a lot of german ww2 weapons http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif