Selling A Thompson

Oh well here goes. I have 4 Thompson's 0 Harley's wife wants a Harley in the spring a Wide Glide or a Roadking ??. So here goes gun is a Model Of 1928 {Pre Lend Lease} Bridgeport Conn. adress serial # S -90916. People with more knowledge than I call these models British Commercial Contract Guns. The gun is British proofed and also has Willhemina W Crown proof mark . The numbers match on the receiver and trigger frame, both with original finish . There are some very light surface scratches handling marks after 60+ years of age. Barrel , compensator and wood are mint. The rest of the story, I have had thi gun in my collection for 8 years and have only fired between 500 to 600 rounds in it . The man who had it before me bought it from J. Curtis Earl. In 1968 he was a bad boy and the state cops held it for 25 or so years . Iwas luckey to talk to Curtis about it and he rembered the the sale the guy bought 20 + guns . He said the two 1928's were in new condition and I agree.

It is on a form 4 in Pa.

I hope this is not a case of Thompson greed so here is the price .

$19,500 If full payment is at the start the paper work $19,000

If you are serious please make the trip to inspect .

Also if another board member who is close to Langhorne Pa. stop by and post your comments .

This will be posted on the 2 other boards in 2 weeks.

This is hard to find gun in this condition I hope some one on the board is able to find a spot in ther collection for it,

Thanks for looking

Feel free to call or email for more information.

Chuck Klein

A few people have emailed with questions about the gun. It is an early Model of 1928 [not an A1 or AC]. It has all the aspects of an early gun

1 - Finned Barrel

2 - Lyman Adjustable Rear Sight

3 - Flat Ejector

4 - Checkered Actuator

5 - Will Accept A Drum [all 1928's do]

6 - 100% Savage

7 - Bright Bolt

8 - And Yes The Serial number is NO. S-90916

Thanks For Looking

Chuck

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Dec 31 2004, 03:30 PM)
Trade you a Ultra Classic for it.
http://mikesmachineguns.com/files/rightside.JPG

A motorcickle for a Tommygun? Your not one of those Hell's Angels are ya?

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Mike,

Very nice bike not really looking for a full dresser.

I have found a very nice 2002 Wide Glide with low miles ,with a lot of extras.

John,

Thank's for the comment on the price. Some one will get a great gun. I have not seen a lot of early 1928's for sale latley .

You Know Who Are ,

Please do not email me with offers of $12,000 or $13,000 . And say I should have my head checked . You should have more than your head checked . I beleive the price is fair please no more emails.

I listed it here first because I would like to see it go to a board member.

I can not be more up front I use me Real Name And have given the correct serial number.

Chuck

hey! chuck sounds nice,and you can ask whatever you want for it...and if a buyer decides to pay that ....thats his baby!and as far as the cycle....i know they are overpriced in the harley market...harley's own doing....

i started on a 71 sportster.......and had six harley;s afterward...........so no reason to ask "did you ever ride or own one?"

it's all over inflated........including all the collector's ego's today...........so why not price it "high"

as you can always come down.

however somebody right this very moment is figuring what other gun's they can move,or sell the third car.or the bass boat...

or the platinium amex..to get the deal done...........and it's nice you posted it here...instead of some auction site......

real price's, real gun's..and thats the way it was jan.2005

wink! take care,ron

p.s. if i had anybody locally wanting one chuck i would send him you're way,however in this area all tight wallet's...i guess wal/mart x-mas shopping wiped them out for now!!

Chuck

Unfortunately that is one of the problems with offering NFA weapons it seems. People always want to offer less, which is fine except when the offer is spiced with less than favorable comments. Ignore them is the only solution. Of all the NFA items I have purchased, I have only sold an HK51 and I also had someone who took to making low ball offers, which I politely declined. The correspondence as it went along then became agressively insulting which I immediately ignored. I took great pleasure in letting the individual know the item sold for my asking price within I believe 3 days and to of all things a WELL known dealer who obviously was going to sell it for more. I further gave the less than nice "buyer" if you can call him that, the contact information for the dealer who purchased it (with permission) just to toss it back in his face so to speak, telling him he could certainly arrange to buy it now at a higher price, curiously I never heard from him again.

Keep the faith.

michael

Chuck,

To toss in more of my $0.02, when I bought the M1A1 I was the fourth caller with the prior three all offering less than the asking price. I thought (and still think) the asking price was fair so I agreed to it and that was that. Since then the prices have only gone up. My gain, their loss is the way I see it.

Best of luck selling your '28 and many happy times with the Thompsons you keep!

MP

PhilOhio,

Thanks for you post I always enjoy reading your comments . I have been playing the Thompson game a long time .But with Savage WW2 guns at 17 to 20 K and Colts at who knows what the average Joe collector is knocked out of the box . It took a long time to put my collection together and a lot of good people helped me do it {Thanks Lee, Bill,and Mr. Pa. You know who he is Ron, Yes and I have seen the Thompson shrine} . And all this repro stuff just turns me off . Its time to take a back seat for a while. So because of not one good offer other than 2 from the same guy $12,000 and then $13,000 I have posted it on Sturmgewehr [did I spell that right ] . Enough typing for now.

Chuck