4 replies to this topic

#1 HANS

HANS

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, gangsters

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:11 AM

Hiya,

this museum has two Model 1921A guns that it claims come from the Birger Gang arsenal. I've tried to find out their serial numbers as well as the serials of their Type L and C drums, but they were unresponsive. I don't think they are mentioned in Herigstad's latest book, but may have missed them. Would someone know more about these? Thanks!

Cheers

HANS

#2 Sandman1957

Sandman1957

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 888 posts
  • Interests:Submachinegun NFA collecting
    History
    Scuba Diving
    Hunting

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Wow!  I hope that place is secure. A chain thru the trigger guard isn't stopping much.  Maybe TCA or TATA could get a better response by highlighting them in an upcoming article.  

Sandman1957

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4623 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

Colt Chopper needs to see this.

#4 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3635 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

Maybe #5290 and #5294 are back in that area. I know one went to Kentucky and the other I sold to Jim in Alabama. and those are Illinois Thompson. Good History there for sure.

Colt21A Ron

#5 HANS

HANS

• Regular Group
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, gangsters

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:33 AM

Maybe #5290 and #5294 are back in that area. I know one went to Kentucky and the other I sold to Jim in Alabama. and those are Illinois Thompson. Good History there for sure.

Colt21A Ron

Hm, I don't think #5290 or #5294 were Birger guns. Those were both police weapons, #5290 with the Du Quoin PD, #5294 with the West Frankfort PD. The Birger Gang got its three Model 1921As by stealing them from the Rosiclare Lead & Fluorspar Mining Company. The company had seven and later sold two of them to other PDs, which narrows the serials down pretty much.

Cheers

HANS