Transfer Times.....

Tokarev57

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance... But every single NFA toy I have purchased in the past has been through a dealer... with no problems. My first form 4 came back in 6 weeks...that was about 10 years ago i guess..Times have steadily increased over the years as others have noted. I have been waiting 8 months now for a BM59 that is a person to person transfer....How can I find out whom to call to check on the status.

Thanks

Bill

Pardon my ignorance... But every single NFA toy I have purchased in the past has been through a dealer... with no problems. My first form 4 came back in 6 weeks...that was about 10 years ago i guess..Times have steadily increased over the years as others have noted. I have been waiting 8 months now for a BM59 that is a person to person transfer....How can I find out whom to call to check on the status.

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Call 304-616-4500 and have serial number ready.

Jim C

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Call 304-616-4500 and have serial number ready.

Jim C

Thank you very much........ Called at 0830 CDT... a very nice woman answered.. I gave her the SN and my name and she said it had been processed and sent to the examiner for a signature... about 3 more weeks!! YEEHAAWWW

• 3 weeks later...
July 9 2012 pending and was told to expect January (and its my fisrt Thompson-1928 A1 Savage). Thats a bold failure of the system. That is a failure of any commercial enterprise even govt. agencies. I believe we should get a senators involved. Enough is enough. I believe I will e-mail my senator.
  • Upvote 1

July 9 2012 pending and was told to expect January (and its my fisrt Thompson-1928 A1 Savage). Thats a bold failure of the system. That is a failure of any commercial enterprise even govt. agencies. I believe we should get a senators involved. Enough is enough. I believe I will e-mail my senator.

If your senator discovered, that due to a loophole in the law, It was possible for you to buy a deadly machine gun, a diabolical engine of death, he would probably sponsor a law to ban all MG ownership and order you to turn yours in.

Now go ahead and email your senator.

Jim C

• 1 month later...
One transfer came back this week.... they cashed my check Feb 23 and the approved forms came back to me Aug 21st. It did get kicked back once to verify the CLEO signature and so it was in my hands for about 1 week.... so just under 6 months. Submitted the other one in July.... let's see if the wait time decreases.

• 3 weeks later...
I also have a 2 transfer deal going. Sure hope it doesn't take a year. You'd think that a transfer from owner to dealer (SOT) on a form 4 would be easy for them to approve.

Chief,

Look into getting a FFL-03, you won't regret it and it pays for itself.

-Darryl

Yes it is, it should be easy to get especially in LA.

If this is your first Thompson, you'll soon see that one is not enough :)

-Darryl

Yes it is, it should be easy to get especially in LA.

If this is your first Thompson, you'll soon see that one is not enough :)

-Darryl

Darryl,

You must be mucho hombre to fire more than one Thompson at once! LOL

I'll look into the FFL 03, Thanks

Chief

My full package just went into the mail to the BATFE, Saturday, Sept 8, 2012. Already been 5 weeks, dealer to dealer and two days CLEO.

I'm guessing 6 months from now, March 4, 2013.

Also thank Gijive for his help on this one, Chuck definetely knows his stuff !

Tick Tock..........

OCM

I've been looking over the C&R license application, and it wants applicants to possess a hunting license. I haven't hunted for years, but I have a valid concealed handgun permit. Does that count, or should I just get a hunting licence and get on with it? Thanks,

Chief

I've been looking over the C&R license application, and it wants applicants to possess a hunting license. I haven't hunted for years, but I have a valid concealed handgun permit. Does that count, or should I just get a hunting licence and get on with it? Thanks,

Chief

Read the application again, that section is for Nonimmigrant Aliens.

Two days CLEO, it must be nice.

My CLEO wait is a minimum 2 months in the Kingdom of Maryland.

I'm trying to get the better half to entertain moving to another state.

Maybe Virginia, West Virginia or even PA.

You might say it's voting with your feet.

-Darryl

-Darryl

Two months ewwww. I guess we do things faster in Colorado ? My last one was about the same time frame too.

My last classic came from Baltimore, so there's some good things too, and blue crab and Old Bay etc......

Sandy

Edited by OCM

Chief

Roscoe,

You are correct, sir. Boy, was That dumb. I hate gov't forms. Thanks,

Chief

Chief

Roscoe,

You are correct, sir. Boy, was That dumb. I hate gov't forms. Thanks,

Chief

You are welcome. Good luck with the C&R it is one of the best bargins out there.

-Darryl

Two months ewwww. I guess we do things faster in Colorado ? My last one was about the same time frame too.

My last classic came from Baltimore, so there's some good things too, and blue crab and Old Bay etc......

Sandy

Not to get side tracked... my apologies.

Where in Colorado? I'm in Denver for 2 weeks for work now... have Sunday free and looking for something interesting to do. PM me with any recommendations? :) Anything good to go see thats not too horribly far from here?