TATA NRA St. Louis Display - Evolution Of The Submachine Gun

Never a doubt, what kind of candy does Tracie want for the bowl this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil,

He forgot the candy bag this time, but my vote would be mini-Snickers bars...

Tracie, GIJive, and I were at the awards presentation, and we were very surprised to receive the award for a third time in a row.

Next year, we are planning to take the year off, unless something changes this sentiment at the Board meeting this summer. The show is in Houston, and it's pretty far to do a really good display. Tracie needs a break. We will plan to display again in Indianapolis in 2014.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

quote: (Next year, we are planning to take the year off, unless something changes this sentiment at the Board meeting this summer. The show is in Houston, and it's pretty far to do a really good display. Tracie needs a break....)

David, any ideas on the theme for the next disply, what subject could be used? If there were going to be a disply next year in Houston, I would be willing to help out with it as It's drivable from where I am. I do hope that Tracie will change his mind because it sure would be nice to not only keep this streak alive, but to keep people and the NRA interested in the collections of MG's.

Mike Hammer

Mike,

The concept for the 2014 show in Indy is roughly planned, however nothing has been planned for 2013 and the 2014 show would not be conducive to a Houston show. The real difficulty with longer distance shows (not driving distance) is logistics and support. I can speak from experience as we did Phoenix a few years back. We had a small display that included Garand #1,000,000 that was presented to John Garand, two other firearms and some small items belonging to John. The display was manageable to ship, assemble man and tear down/pack, however when time for the show came, the attendees were Tracie, my wife and I, and another couple. It just gets difficult to get large groups of people to support when that kind of travel is required so the display has be be suitable and small enough to manage.

That said, we are open to suggestion during the TATA board meeting this August so if there is an interest in another Western show, I encourage those to attend the board meeting (open to all members) and try to steer the discussion. However, I do suspect that it will be a year to pass and allow Tracie a break to rest. :)

- Ron

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Members of this forum who are also members of the NRA received a special treat with the current issue of The American Rifleman magazine (August 2012 issue). Beginning on page 60 is a story about the 2012 NRA convention. At the end of page 61 is a nice write up about The American Thompson Association's winning display. There is a picture of the display on page 64 featuring TATA volunteer Mike Wank and a visitor to the display. Mike is now enjoying celebrity status in the gun world and will gladly autograph your NRA magazine at the TATA Show & Shoot in August!

This is excellent coverage for the Class Three Community.

Edited by TD.