American Thunder III is here!

I also ordered mine on Monday from Chipotle but it hasn't made it to Florida yet. I bet it will be here tomorrow. I am so looking forward to it!!

I received mine today and Frank what a great job you did! Correct me if I'm wrong but did I read somewhere on the boards that some info that was in Volume II was not included in III? Thanks for using the photo I submitted. I'm thrilled to have had a tiny part in your fine book!!

Edited by Thompsonlover

How about a copy with chewed up corners?

BTW it was good to see you, thanks for stopping by.

You also were able to see Tony, verifying proof of life. :D

Tony is still alive? Last I heard, he was a hermit in a church. :lol:

Please tell him I said hello.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I received mine today and Frank what a great job you did! Correct me if I'm wrong but did I read somewhere on the boards that some info that was in Volume II was not included in III? Thanks for using the photo I submitted. I'm thrilled to have had a tiny part in your fine book!!

Hello,

What is missing from American Thunder III that was in ATII is the Colt vs military Thompson comparison, and a chapter dedicated to .45 ammo. However much has been added throughout the chapters and in some new ones; for example West Hurley, NAC and movie Thompsons have been included. When I wanted the book in hardcover and the pictures in color, (color is expensive!) we were initially afraid that the cost was going to be too high. So I reduced the number of pages by eliminating the aforementioned information and by narrowing all the margins and the gutter between the paragraphs, so I was able to get the same info in fewer pages (also the pages are larger). As it turned out the retail price is reasonable (I think) at $39.95.

Frank I.

What I liked best about the first volume was that it was strictly about military issue Thompsons. If corners had to be cut in AT III I would have left out the West Hurley chapter and stuck to the original theme of American Thunder since no West Hurley was ever issued by the military.

Hi Frank,

I just ordered ATIII off of the machinegun books site and I didn't see where to give the merchant instructions for signing.

Can I ask you to do that here?

Can't wait to get this. It will be my first of hopefully many Thompson Books.

Thanks,

Jon