Over 30 Colt Thompsons for sale circa 1991

I bought ten off that list And sold him two on that list. noticed he forgot #6006 Also had #5294 a War in Illinois GUN it was four digits away from COX COVER GUN #5290. gun #8476 was the MASON CITY BANK ROBBERY GUN. funny thing on that one I owned it twice with doc's and pictures it was a exceptional 1921ac gun with FRED we did a lot of business, And I looked at all of them at the time. good times, Never to be repeated again,

Colt21a Ron

C.C. It was cycle clamp marks, for sure not mills case {from a gun being left wet in a mills case}and years later being taken out and the blue is discolored in that area from the web of the case.I had one Indiana gun from a r.r. found that way in a attic near Dyer.Ind. It was not papered. so my friend took the drums and case.He probably took the gun later but never told me. it had a great Cdrum and L drum with it two guns taken from R.R. employee when he left, but back to #1310. I showed Fred how they had been clamped on the sidecar, and that would be the marks they would leave.And showed him the great pics I had of the mounts and clamps froma pd, that tossed it years ago when the cycle and sidecar had been junked.Some P.D.'S did not believe in history just tools. Since Fred would converse for awhile on Thompson guns.He knew my mind was like a trap for this stuff. Even helped him to upgrade and down grade some.

Not sure what gun I did it to on one stop. I said that stock better fits that gun and wood grain. so we switched it out, and was always good when I found the felt washer in some with buttstock oiler, And when I took off some grips and found metal washer in grip's over all the decades those tend to get lost and tossed out.hope it helps.

Colt21aRon

Ron, I see 1310 on that list, but it mentioned marks from a canvas case, nothing about motorcycle mounting marks? I also did buy #4418 so had them both. #1310 was the better of the two. Who knows who has #4418 now.Fred did have customers who wanted nobody to know what they bought.

Edited by colt21a

Wonder if he still has any and is willing to dicker ;)

He was only going to keep the Ohio Pretty Boy Floyd Cased set gun he had but later sold it Fred has no Thompsons and is retired.but the collectors owe him greatly he also kept it going.

Colt21a Ron

Edited by colt21a

Glad you got one he also had the cons pair on there for sale also.first time I had them on the counter at the same time. But too many others to buy.And I am sure nobody bought as many as me off that list at the time.

It was Ron at AUTO ORD DAY

ha ha

Colt21a Ron

Fred was quite a guy and like brother Colt21a Ron sez, had a lot of good stuff. I walked in there one day years ago (late 80s I think) and asked Fred if he had any Thompson canvas. He excused himself, walked into the back, and came out with a h-u-g-e armload of Mills canvas carrying cases, Mills or maybe Rusco drum canvas, 20 and 30 round stick mag canvas, no shotshell canvas though. He just dumped it all on the counter and said "$300, ok?" I got my money out fast and we shook hands. My car smelled great with all that canvas stuff in the back seat, ahh! Peddled it all in pretty short order. I think I sold 2 canvas carrying cases to Tracie Hill.

Good times, good ole days, and doin' biz with a good guy.

R. Mills

Hey all i'm new here and still working things out. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a certain pouch. For five years I've been looking for the rusco 5 cell mag pouch and I found one a few weeks ago. I went to buy it after checking it was in stock everyday but it had been sold. So my question is, does anyone know of any for sale anywhere? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

Looks like the average for those guns was around $5,000 in 1991

Due to inflation, that would be about $9,100 in today's dollars. Not cheap, but a lot less than they are now.

If those guns were selling for around $5,000 in 1991 and they sell for around $40,000 now, that would work out to an average annual return on the investment of 8.3%

So investing in Colts over the last 26 years would be about the same as investing in a diversified stock market portfolio.

There's not too many collecting type hobbies that can boast a comparable return to the stock market.

Yes buzz you are correct in all. But you know you enjoyed fondling and shooting and oiling those Thompson. More then looking at old stock stuff jammed in a desk drawer. Even Gold coins are more fun.. instead of that pile of paper, They have some nice heft and weight, And they shine in the sunlight like a nice well blued Colt. Or a great parked M1A1 under that nice light in the living room.

Its all good.

Colt 21a Ron

BUZZ After going through this Cancer stuff you are 100% right. enjoy it all. And a Thompson with a Uzi thrown in is great stuff. My first Uzi was a L.E.S. import Around 1973.I had fun with that one, And was the first of many. Not sure many new they had been green back then. Everybody was so used to the black enamel over parked Action arms model.

UZI is one of the finest 9mm sub guns made. And who cannot love a I minute barrel change. With a bayonet and flashlight.

Anyhow enjoy the one you have. History!

Colt 21a Ron