Original Savage Thompson grip

Hi Folks, I have been offered this vertical grip for the Thompson. I believe it to be an original but I'm no expert on these, can anyone give me some advice on it's originality.. thank you in advance post-261483-0-29281700-1518046279_thumb.jpgpost-261483-0-00122600-1518046295_thumb.jpgpost-261483-0-54527300-1518046313_thumb.jpgpost-261483-0-44326300-1518046337_thumb.jpgpost-261483-0-15439200-1518046360_thumb.jpgpost-261483-0-45862400-1518046378_thumb.jpgpost-261483-0-87382800-1518046404_thumb.jpg

"It's a small, small world" :D

Towards the end of this thread, the grip is discussed. Possibly real, but likely heavily sanded and stained/dyed. Original seller is verified shady.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21486

Edited by Skittorius

I thought there was something dodgy going on hence why I put it on here. It was listed on ebay, seller was apparently in Germany. Spent an hour negotiating a buy it now , decided on a price which I thought was high but been trying for a while to get one so agreed. This is where it all started to get dodgy as I asked him for his paypal address which he then stated he wanted cash in an envelope sent to Poland, which I said no, then asked for a bank transfer, again, I said no, he eventually agreed to paypal. Still waiting on him to send me his paypal address. I will read the links sent. Many thanks for all the replies.

im just glad i got mine and i no longer have to be in the market place...took me 1.5 years of searching to get a flawless one.....

at this point with fakes starting to become popular the person your buying it from becomes as important as the pics......with prices hitting $1,550 it appears fakes are more popular

id look at the finish...does it look original...the first one i had gotten that was in the condition of yours was almost black it was so dark and aged...you could tell by the finish that it was original...it was cracked, so i had the control over how the repair was done...one of your pics looks a bit off, so my guess is its cracked and repaired...its been drilled on both sides(which is common)

do you have a S1928 that went to England?...that is what the grip is or is trying to be....if you dont have this version of the thompson i wouldnt get involved in this grip as it is probably $500+

im just glad i got mine and i no longer have to be in the market place...took me 1.5 years of searching to get a flawless one.....

at this point with fakes starting to become popular the person your buying it from becomes as important as the pics......with prices hitting $1,550 it appears fakes are more popular

id look at the finish...does it look original...the first one i had gotten that was in the condition of yours was almost black it was so dark and aged...you could tell by the finish that it was original...it was cracked, so i had the control over how the repair was done...one of your pics looks a bit off, so my guess is its cracked and repaired...its been drilled on both sides(which is common)

do you have a S1928 that went to England?...that is what the grip is or is trying to be....if you dont have this version of the thompson i wouldnt get involved in this grip as it is probably $500+

You're are lucky, been trying for about two years with no luck, well I did find one on the e-sarcoinc website but they refused to post it to me in the UK.

I have been offered a decent looking reproduction one on warrelics.eu by an Italian seller, but from I have been reading on here he is quite famous for selling reproductions as originals and has been banned because of it. So I think I will stay away from him.

Yes, I have a S1928, I think :-) I'm still learning about these. It's number S-228762. I've just purchased original 100 round and 50 round drum mags for it too.

I've read all the previous threads about this grip and the impression I'm getting is it could be an original but the seller is definitely dodgy. I'm not sure what to do.

You're are lucky, been trying for about two years with no luck, well I did find one on the e-sarcoinc website but they refused to post it to me in the UK.

I have been offered a decent looking reproduction one on warrelics.eu by an Italian seller, but from I have been reading on here he is quite famous for selling reproductions as originals and has been banned because of it. So I think I will stay away from him.

Yes, I have a S1928, I think :-) I'm still learning about these. It's number S-228762. I've just purchased original 100 round and 50 round drum mags for it too.

I've read all the previous threads about this grip and the impression I'm getting is it could be an original but the seller is definitely dodgy. I'm not sure what to do.

no i dont believe you have an early S1928...under model what does it say? 1928a1?

the grip you need is not an early S1928 grip...yours should be easier to find.....are you sure yours even had a vertical grip?

S1928's ended around serial # 100,000 maybe 120,000(id have to break out TDs book)

an early S grip is harder to find than a Colt

Learn something new

no i dont believe you have an early S1928...under model what does it say? 1928a1?

the grip you need is not an early S1928 grip...yours should be easier to find.....are you sure yours even had a vertical grip?

S1928's ended around serial # 100,000 maybe 120,000(id have to break out TDs book)

an early S grip is harder to find than a

Learn something new everyday.

It says'' US MODEL OF 1928A1''

I don't have a clue if it originally had a vertical grip, it didn't come with one when I purchased it.

I obviously need to do more research on the Thompsons.

Spent an hour negotiating a buy it now , decided on a price which I thought was high but been trying for a while to get one so agreed.

Bid was $600 when he cancel the auction. I'm always suspicious when a seller start with auction and change mind for a buy-it-know...

It is not fair play for the other bidders...