Anybody see any MP38's for sale?

So just went to make sure, is this site selling reproduction parts or original ww2? Thanks.

Where does one find the reproduction parts for the stock? I am unable to locate these items on the internet.

www.dkproductiongroup.com

Nice link. TY i just ordered some stuff.

Eric

The last time i checked they werent set up to sell yet. Thx for the reminder i ordered a few things.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just went to make sure, is this site selling reproduction parts or original ww2? Thanks.

Where does one find the reproduction parts for the stock? I am unable to locate these items on the internet.

Eric

The last time i checked they werent set up to sell yet. Thx for the reminder i ordered a few things.
Its repro stuff. I bought a folding stock bushing, button and spring off eBay a while back it came from Latvia. I believe this is the same stuff. I ordered a spare bushing and spring for the stock from DK Edited by Petroleum 1

Eric

Its repro stuff. I bought a folding stock bushing, button and spring off eBay a while back it came from Latvia. I believe this is the same stuff. I ordered a spare bushing and spring for the stock from DK

Our parts is not made in Latvia, but by SSD in Germany. We do have some original WW2 stuff to

Most of the stuff i got was original.

Not too sure i care what was repro, because i am using a tube gun and i like having some spare parts. I do break my machine guns from time to time and it's nice to be able to go home and fix them right away. I also think the original stuff is getting harder to get.

Eric

Yeah the mp44 mags seem like a good buy and are advertised as original. If they arent then probably not worth the headache (at least for me) to risk having to adjust them like the vigneron mags for the Mp40.

Where did you see 44 mags on the dk site?? The only ones i see are the 10 rounders?? Btw i just did 12 vig mags for my 40...that is some serious grinding ugh. I have read where they almost fit and just need to be touched up. Hell no!! Ha Edited by Petroleum 1

Yeah the mp44 mags seem like a good buy and are advertised as original. If they arent then probably not worth the headache (at least for me) to risk having to adjust them like the vigneron mags for the Mp40.

Where did you see 44 mags on the dk site?? The only ones i see are the 10 rounders?? Btw i just did 12 vig mags for my 40...that is some serious grinding ugh. I have read where they almost fit and just need to be touched up. Hell no!! Ha

I think Tor said he is getting the aftermarket MP40 mags in soon?

Eric

id take a semi MP44 if the price was reasonable..any idea where they might end up?

the FG42 semi made by others is kinda crazy....i cant believe germany produced them for anywhere near that price range in todays dollars....id grab one of those also if it was $2500 vs the $5,000 they get

i bought a couple of the stock bushings.....parts like that are gold if you want to tighten up a stock

the semi MP44's were already brought in. 150-200 of them a few years back. IIRC they were 5K......in Fon du lac no less. That ship has sailed and they are sometimes available on the secondary market. Maybe a new ship will arrive, but the first ones took some time and had some issues.

The semi FG's are of far better quality than the original German guns. Design criteria for a German paratrooper didn't require much durability vs. todays recreational shooter who may own it for decades vs. the paratrooper with a lifespan of several jumps. HTH

Tor, you make a sell a semi auto version of the Mkb42H?! Wow! I'd love one of those. I luckily could afford a real MP44, but i can't afford a real Mkb42h. Any idea when they will be sold for the US market?

Yes we make a semi MKB42H, and we are currently working on making a closed bolt model for the USA marked. The prices are not ready yet.

id take a semi MP44 if the price was reasonable..any idea where they might end up?

the FG42 semi made by others is kinda crazy....i cant believe germany produced them for anywhere near that price range in todays dollars....id grab one of those also if it was $2500 vs the $5,000 they get

i bought a couple of the stock bushings.....parts like that are gold if you want to tighten up a stock

The FG42 was expensive to build in WW2, that is the reason it was only made 2000 FG42E and 5000 FG42G . A god reproduction will also be expensive.

Tor, you make a sell a semi auto version of the Mkb42H?! Wow! I'd love one of those. I luckily could afford a real MP44, but i can't afford a real Mkb42h. Any idea when they will be sold for the US market?

Yes we make a semi MKB42H, and we are currently working on making a closed bolt model for the USA marked. The prices are not ready yet.

Keep us here updated. I want one. I may actually get a real one one day as well, but a semi auto would be cool to anyways. Good job!

I think the original FG42s were really expensive to make actually.

Either way, tor, your prices are more than fair for rare low production number guns. Good job, and keep them coming!

i cant believe germany paid $5,000 in todays dollars for every fg42.....when stens were $5-10(1940's dollars) and other guns were well under a $100 each

i could pay $2500 for a semi, but if the prices were $5,000 for a mp44 i would rather buy a FA of something else....or 5x my budget and get a real one for $25k

but i have no doubt they sold for $5k and will sell for $5k again.....i know there is a line for the FG42's at $5,000.....ive spent $3K on a few HK pistols.....so i understand foolish spending as much as the next guy for a semi auto

The issue is scale of production. Your $5k subgun you would buy today was a mass produced item. The semi auto small batch production. Very labor, machine time and capital expensive. How much will a full auto FG42 set you back today? Point taken as I think I know where you are coming from on this, but likely. $2500 few off custom gun is not a money making scheme even at $5k liklely nobody is buying an island somewhere.

Similar comparison to OOW BAR production. I often find that people who dont make stuff are critical of how much people who do make stuff charge for their products.

Notice how nobody has bought Dougs Thompson businesses yet? Its a labor of love not a get rich quick scheme.

Ron

i will agree with you ron....you cant compare a small shop making a few MP44's to a mass production line making 300,000 of them....i could see where the price would be double+

$5,000 is a bridge too far for me for a semi auto.......i would rather save up and spend $25,000 for the real deal

maybe some day they will mass produce them like the ati pistol mp40's i see for sale for $450 on GB

I had one of his first Model FG42, he made a small batch of 3 weapons in select fire for export and i was the lucky owner of one of them. They went for 5.500 here i think he made a total of 150 and Ron is right when he says this is not a get rich quick scheme

Don't know why the ATF had a problem with the BD-38. The demo videos I've seen show that it fires from a closed bolt.

They did manage to get a part of an original MP38 inside it, so there tought was that it was to easy to convert it to FA