TCA Show and Shoot is coming up soon

Just a friendly reminder that the 2023 Thompson Collectors Association Show and Shoot will be coming up in April 28-29 2023.  This will be a Friday and Saturday event, with setup being on Thursday afternoon.  

5320.20 information

Tusco Rifle Club

2132 Midvale Mine Road

Dennison Ohio 44621

Anyone needs more information, let me know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow! This is coming up soon! 

Please send in the forms for how many people and tables etc. that is in the TCA newsletter. 

This show and shoot is heavy on the shooting side - so if you are a newbie and you wanted to try a gun, there are guns available. Just bring new factory ammo.

Gonna be a good time!

The TCA has secured a rate at the Hampton Inn in New Philadelphia, when you are going to the TCA show / Shoot. From the Newsletter, which I did not even remember seeing myself,

"We have a group rate at the New Philadelphia Hampton Inn.  $125/night + tax.  Call the hotel directly at 1-330-339-7000.  Book not later than 15 April 23 to get the rate.  Cancel a reservation by 15 April 23 to get a refund.  Tell them you are with the Thompson Collectors Association.  If you have any issues with this, ask for Karie Milburn and let me (Bill Troy) know."

I am booking soon, see you all there!

My paperwork will be in the mail on Tuesday! This is a great event with fantastic people and excellent displays. If you like Thompson guns, this is where you want to be in late April. I guarantee a good time and great Friday evening dinner. Hat's off to the Officers and Directors of the Thompson Collector's Association (TCA) and the machine gun friendly Tusco Rifle Club for holding this annual event. It is a private event open only to members of both organizations.

If you have decided to purchase a Thompson gun, this is an excellent opportunity to view a number of different Thompson variations. Pictures in books or on the Internet can only do so much to bring out the graceful lines of a Thompson submachine gun. There are many variations of the Thompson gun. This is the place to learn about the product and see the Thompson variations in person. If your nice, many of the friendly owners will let you hold one :) Bring factory ammunition and you can definitely shoot one during this event.

Yearly membership dues for the TCA is $40 a year and includes 4 newsletters and an invitation to the Show & Shoot. If 40 bucks gives you pause, you really need to be interested in something else. The machine gun community is an expensive place to join. The TCA is one of the best deals for those that want to dip their toes in the water - and like Thompson guns!

I hope to see you there. 

• Like 1

Mattg203,

It is worth the effort for everyone interested in the Thompson submachine gun to attend one or both Thompson Shows. You will meet a lot of people from this forum. The displays are great, parts and other items will be for sale and the dinner Friday night is always fantastic. Did I mention the shooting events on Saturday? Simply the best!  

TD-thank you for the complement on the shooting aspect of the TCA event. I’m going to put my thinking cap on and come up with something twisted for this years event. I’m sure it’ll get me cursed at….which is always a sign that I did my job right lol

I am aware that quite a few Thompson parts kits, dummies, many NOS parts, and other parts will be at this show. 

Also there will be a couple of live guns for sale. If you are in the market, this is a great chance to see it before you buy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Les than 6 weeks away !!! Ready to blow the "Cob Webs" out of the Tommy Gun. 

If you've never attended the TCA show & shoot, you're missing out.

Good folks, tasty food,  nice displays and an array of shooting events.

Can't wait !!!

Edited by Colt Chopper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...