Magazine Pouch for MP28?

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 7:29 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

Yes, MP28. 

I sent you a PM

He knows. This is a modified MP28 pouch (interior cells cut-away). I thought I saw t his on GB.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:53 PM, johnsonlmg41 said:

Not modified, the cells are just below the opening.   I see it now when I go in the gun room. LOL

You have legally swiped yet another item that should be in my gunroom! Arghhhhhh

On 8/12/2023 at 7:58 PM, johnsonlmg41 said:

I actually did not know you had an MP28?  Not that it matters......I needed this more than you! LOL

I don't have a 28, but am always "adding" items just in case.

Let me help you spend your money

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/89/1393/haenel-mp28ii-class-iiinfa-cr-fully-transferable

I'm a bit short of play money at the moment or I'd be bidding on this one myself.  My Lanchester wants to meet it's German uncle

3 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

Let me help you spend your money

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/89/1393/haenel-mp28ii-class-iiinfa-cr-fully-transferable

I'm a bit short of play money at the moment or I'd be bidding on this one myself.  My Lanchester wants to meet it's German uncle

I too am a bit shy in the wallet lately, however that is a super price! Yes the gun needs a bit of TLC but.....

On 8/16/2023 at 1:00 PM, StrangeRanger said:

I don't understand your aversion to honest patina.  You'd probably want to have it refinished; I'd hit it with WD-40 and 0000 steel wool and call it good.

Either way it could be a bargain at the estimate.

Actually, I'm not as adverse to patina as you think. My second PPSH41 is a 1944 matching unit that was picked up in Korea and registered during the Amnesty. I have left is as is, using your exact conditioning technique as described above. It's a beautiful gun. I only consider conditioning (meaning more than you describe) if it is a matter of metal integrity or gun safety. Had I not conditioned my MP40, then it would have just fallen apart within a few years. I only did so in consultation with restoration experts who know the industry, the market and have the expertise to do the work.

On 8/16/2023 at 1:00 PM, StrangeRanger said:

I don't understand your aversion to honest patina.  You'd probably want to have it refinished; I'd hit it with WD-40 and 0000 steel wool and call it good.

Either way it could be a bargain at the estimate.

Speaking of which, believe it or not a young friend of my son (age 28) came to my house last weekend and handed me a 9-43 .30 M1 Carbine. It looked rough, so I took it downstairs to the workshop, disassembled the entire gun to the last nut (yes I have a WW2 .30 Carbine bolt jig) and cleaned it up using WD_40 and 0000 steel wool. Took me two days and lots and lots of patience, but the gun turned out wonderful! It's an Underwood and just gorgeous. I also carefully steel wooled the stock and it popped wonderfully. Here's two pics. The gun apparently is of a less seen variant and quite collectible. 

.30 Carbine Uncleaned Bolt in jig.jpg

.30 Carbine Underwood Finished Product.jpg

On 8/16/2023 at 8:21 AM, Rekraps said:

I don't have a 28, but am always "adding" items just in case.

Yes, I've spent $100 on some part, to end up spending 15K for a gun to go with it?  Unfortunately it makes sense to me?

Spend your money with Jerry, he has a pile coming in a few weeks.

The RIA mp28 could clean up, but it's mismatched and unfortunately, pitted in places, which never cleans up.  Will be interesting to see what it goes for?

That M249 at Murphy's is calling your name?  Wonder if that will make reserve?

19 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Yes, I've spent $100 on some part, to end up spending 15K for a gun to go with it?  Unfortunately it makes sense to me?

Spend your money with Jerry, he has a pile coming in a few weeks.

The RIA mp28 could clean up, but it's mismatched and unfortunately, pitted in places, which never cleans up.  Will be interesting to see what it goes for?

That M249 at Murphy's is calling your name?  Wonder if that will make reserve?

I don't do M249.... perhaps a M60 (guess my age) but where the heck to you shoot those things! 

I'm the same way with the parts, I somehow got on the STG43/44 kick a few years ago and found all types of great replacement parts.... then put an offer in on a nice matching gun, but ended up not pulling the trigger. Mistake. Again.

Oh boy are you in luck!  He has a 44 inbound but no details yet other than it should be there in a couple weeks. 

You shoot an M60 at a lot places.  It would be awesome on those running deer targets, but those guys would for sure frown on that!  I asked about it at a club I once belonged to, and they didn't share my amusement?  Not really a 249 fan either after spending countless hours working on one.  I'm sure it's awesome if you are running it on someone else's dime and someone else has to maintain it?

To recap, not all the 28 pouches this style I've seen have dividers.  Like all of this stuff, minor variations are common.

20230820_121142[1].jpg

The RIA MP28.II hammered at $13K.  I bid on it but got steamrollered.  That would have been $16.4 plus S&H for me.  Didn't have that much in the "toys" budget at the moment and probably wouldn't have gone that high anyway

There was also a beat-to-crap MP40 with lots of "brown patina"  and at least one missing part that hammered at $15 K.  Go figure.

Edited by StrangeRanger

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

I would have went to 14, but I know someone that was bidding and may have gotten it, so I stayed out.  The gun has "potential" at 13.   There were some HK "deals" on Friday!

The Fleming MP5K stood out but how about the Omaha PD documented '21 Thompson that hammered at $30K?  THAT was a deal.