Current PPS-43 Value?

rsideout

Thinking of possibly selling my transferable (C&R) PPS-43.  Excellent condition and a great shooter.  VERY few of these in the registry.  What are the current thoughts on pricing?  I have plenty of other FA options and this one just doesn't get used that often.  I'm more of a shooter than a safe queen collector.

16 hours ago, rsideout said:

Thinking of possibly selling my transferable (C&R) PPS-43.  Excellent condition and a great shooter.  VERY few of these in the registry.  What are the current thoughts on pricing?  I have plenty of other FA options and this one just doesn't get used that often.  I'm more of a shooter than a safe queen collector.

Of course the number in the registry has nothing to do with pricing. I would assume that your C&R unit bolt and receiver match? If so, then the condition of the gun is of course critical. Let's assume it matches, and the condition is "good" or better. I say between $25K - $32K. Even as an open bolt circa WW2 collector, I have shied away from these guns as they use proprietary mags and I just could not reconcile the price with the physical gun. That being said, I almost bought one (of course I contradict myself!) that was a re-conditioned unit, super sharp looking. It was priced (and probably still is) at $32,500. It came with one mag and no other accessories. I think for this particular weapon, you will have to find a buyer who is into WW2 open bolts and wants this to round-out the collection.

Pics?

Magazines are proprietary to the PPs-43, BUT are very available and priced reasonable.
You can source every part you will ever need quite easily.
I am working with a manufacturer now to get correct 7.62X25 barrels manufactured (will have some chrome lined, but I really want to stock them nitrided)
PPs-43 parts category

Ammo isn't as cheap anymore, but I see it available.
I have a thread about the design features Alexey Sudaev engineered into this SMG, like a fixed firing pin that can be replaced in the bolt.

Russian PPs-43, some interesting features in the design

Seems like I see the guns come up for sale at auction every so often.
I would have thought more PPs-43's were brought home VS the PPsH-41?

ANYWAY, there is a lot of positives with owning, shooting, collecting a PPs-43 so I would expect them to valuable now and even more so in the future!

Richard

IMG_20230108_1715319_2.jpg

IMG_20230108_1718519_2.jpg

Edited by APEXgunparts

On 11/15/2023 at 6:16 PM, rsideout said:

I bought this (pics below) numbers matching C&R PPS43 from Midwest Tactical in March 2022 for $32K.  Sticker on the mag says "Lomont" and the gun may well have been his, IDK;  I've purchased a number of Kent's guns over the years.   "Rare", "very few", etc. -- these terms seem to get tossed around a lot in the machinegun world lately.  43s aren't common but they certainly can't be that rare either.  I know a number of people who have one (and I don't know all that many people).   Anyway, they shoot well and are simple to maintain/repair/fix if anything goes wrong.  I would think $30 to 35 K is FMV.  They don't seem to come up for public sale very often, but they are definitely out there.     

20230122_191705.jpg

20230122_191721.jpg

Edited by maxfaxdude

1 hour ago, Rekraps said:

That sir is a good looking gun. I may change my mind! I've purchased several NFA guns from MidWest Tactical and had good experiences. 

Thank you...

I've had good luck with MWT as well.  

I did buy a Texas Mac 10 from them several years ago but it just didn't look right.  They took it back, no questions, asked for a full refund.

Edited by maxfaxdude

10 minutes ago, maxfaxdude said:

Thank you...

I've had good luck with MWT as well.  

I did buy a Texas Mac 10 from them several years ago but it just didn't look right.  They took it back, no questions, asked for a full refund.

I bought the most beautiful M.P.18, I from them about four or five years ago. It was a museum piece and it looks it! Fully matching gun (including firing pin and 20 round magazine!) and I'm quite proud of it. I then spent years looking for extra 20 round magazines (hard as hell to find) and by chance ran into a guy in Arkansas who just happened to have 10! I bought them all. Pricy but NEVER on the market. 

Now all I need is a M.P.8,I ammo pouch.... and I know someone on this Forum who has several but he will not part with one! Waaaaaaah!

2 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Now all I need is a M.P.8,I ammo pouch.... and I know someone on this Forum who has several but he will not part with one! Waaaaaaah!

like these?

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-german-wwii-mp-18-triple-magazine-double-leather-pouch-set-dated-1935?variant=31112333656133

3 hours ago, Rekraps said:

That sir is a good looking gun. I may change my mind! I've purchased several NFA guns from MidWest Tactical and had good experiences. 

I have had 7 positive experiences with MWT over the years, the most recent one was just a few months ago.
They found me a gun I was looking for and at a heck of a good price.
I mostly deal with Mike, and he is very good with communication.

Richard

4 hours ago, APEXgunparts said:

I have had 7 positive experiences with MWT over the years, the most recent one was just a few months ago.
They found me a gun I was looking for and at a heck of a good price.
I mostly deal with Mike, and he is very good with communication.

Richard

Richard, Mike is also whom I deal with! Good guy.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:20 PM, johnsonlmg41 said:

Based on recent sales, mid 30's seems to be the going rate for something "collectible" like this:

IMG_9090.JPG

Very nice. Say "Hi" to Jerry for me.