MP40 Long/Rear Bakelite Bolt and Nut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, dantheman said:

Anyone know how to contact History Arms? Their site doesn't have any contact info and the contact us page does not work. Seems kinda sketchy but if they list what i need. 

I ordered from them once before......was not really pleased with the product, plust it took quite a while to show up....ordered a reproduction forearm and it was kinda cheesy at best. Call me at the shop (Macon Armory) Monday and remind me....I'm peicing together/making the parts for a franken kit that will eventually get built into a shooter.....I'll pull the screws on one of mine measure and see if I have any.....

Edited by Mad Machinist

On 3/2/2024 at 8:58 PM, Mad Machinist said:

I ordered from them once before......was not really pleased with the product, plust it took quite a while to show up....ordered a reproduction forearm and it was kinda cheesy at best. Call me at the shop (Macon Armory) Monday and remind me....I'm peicing together/making the parts for a franken kit that will eventually get built into a shooter.....I'll pull the screws on one of mine measure and see if I have any.....

Thank you, very generous. I ended up finding the screws and hardware I needed. I ended up taking a chance and ordered a front “Bakelite” resting bar from them, and like you say, it’s kinda cheesy. It will work but there was zero communication. It just showed up. 

On 3/3/2024 at 9:04 PM, dantheman said:

Thank you, very generous. I ended up finding the screws and hardware I needed. I ended up taking a chance and ordered a front “Bakelite” resting bar from them, and like you say, it’s kinda cheesy. It will work but there was zero communication. It just showed up. 

As you can tell, History Arms resting bar is not made of Bakelite, but of some soft plastic. It'll warp and melt of the barrel get hot enough.

3 hours ago, TSMGguy said:

As you can tell, History Arms resting bar is not made of Bakelite, but of some soft plastic. It'll warp and melt of the barrel get hot enough.

No doubt. I’m not thrilled but that’s the only substitute I could find. 

Might be the same place i bought some items from when i had MP-40S.AND WHAT THEY SENT I WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. SOME LOOK LIKE BLOW MOLD STUFF.And colors off on some grips i bought also.AT that point i was so ticked off. i was not going to return all. and just sold some other items and threw it in the box for the customers.

after enough decades dealing with this stuff you remember you run out of time playing silly games with these people...and some of the h.s. some market and sell. its always best at any time to try and get original, {even if its way more dough}

post-504-0-37624900-1619675333_thumb.jpg

2 hours ago, colt21a said:

Might be the same place i bought some items from when i had MP-40S.AND WHAT THEY SENT I WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. SOME LOOK LIKE BLOW MOLD STUFF.And colors off on some grips i bought also.AT that point i was so ticked off. i was not going to return all. and just sold some other items and threw it in the box for the customers.

after enough decades dealing with this stuff you remember you run out of time playing silly games with these people...and some of the h.s. some market and sell. its always best at any time to try and get original, {even if its way more dough}

post-504-0-37624900-1619675333_thumb.jpg

You sir, are correct. Just pay up and get the real stuff. I pussy footed around on MP 38/u40 magazine pouches and it cost me dearly. I know have one Luftwaffe set ($2400) and the right pouch for another ($850). I know reproductions are many, but there is just something cool about having the real deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rekraps said:

I find it hard to believe that the grips and matching screw set is ~$25. 

I've got no skin in their stuff. I'm simply sharing information. You're probably right, though, they're likely re-pops. On the flip side, for 25 bux, it may be worth a shot.

19 hours ago, 68coupe said:

I've got no skin in their stuff. I'm simply sharing information. You're probably right, though, they're likely re-pops. On the flip side, for 25 bux, it may be worth a shot.

No kidding! At that price  you almost have to do it.