Everyone see this video from RIA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zPYzb1dGK8

I have to wonder how many collectors there are for these.  Dropping them all into the market at one time is impressive as hell but it has to reduce the selling prices as supply may exceed ready cash for even some very wealthy buyers.

I'm not doing anything but dreaming but that track with the twin 40 could grow on me

It all gets VERY real when you go to store, move or maintain one!
Even modern tanks are rated in miles driven to hours of maintenance required and the cost of the worn parts.
The US Army has crews and echelons of maintenance staff to keep tanks "UP".
You also need heavy lift to service power packs, work on final drives, break track, etc.
On the M60 series each track alone was about 1.5 tons of steel, the power pack was 2.5 tons to pull out, AFTER lifting off the armored back deck.

Me I went with an M151A2, the "Jeep" of my time in Armor.
Designed to be quite serviceable.
My time owning it is up, so if you want a good one, with a Colorado on road title and registration and don't want to deal with an auction house, contact me.

Richard

IMG_20230614_1811032.jpg

IMG_20210728_1945040.jpg

IMG_20210728_1948555.jpg

Years ago there was a guy who had a Stuart tank near us on the line at the Creek.  If that was a "light" tank I'd hate to see a heavy.

Maybe after I hit the lottery for $10 million or so.

15 hours ago, APEXgunparts said:

It all gets VERY real when you go to store, move or maintain one!
Even modern tanks are rated in miles driven to hours of maintenance required and the cost of the worn parts.
The US Army has crews and echelons of maintenance staff to keep tanks "UP".
You also need heavy lift to service power packs, work on final drives, break track, etc.
On the M60 series each track alone was about 1.5 tons of steel, the power pack was 2.5 tons to pull out, AFTER lifting off the armored back deck.

Me I went with an M151A2, the "Jeep" of my time in Armor.
Designed to be quite serviceable.
My time owning it is up, so if you want a good one, with a Colorado on road title and registration and don't want to deal with an auction house, contact me.

Richard

IMG_20230614_1811032.jpg

IMG_20210728_1945040.jpg

IMG_20210728_1948555.jpg

Debbie Downer! That is an excellent collection and I'd love every one of them! The only impediment to my buying the whole collection is the neighborhood HOA. Doggone it!

49 minutes ago, StrangeRanger said:

Years ago there was a guy who had a Stuart tank near us on the line at the Creek.  If that was a "light" tank I'd hate to see a heavy.

Maybe after I hit the lottery for $10 million or so.

Ya, if you've never seen or been in a Abrams or M60, or Leopard II then you have no idea how huge these metal monsters are. Very intimidating.

9 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Debbie Downer! That is an excellent collection and I'd love every one of them! The only impediment to my buying the whole collection is the neighborhood HOA. Doggone it!

I am always about the maintenance and upkeep of anything I own.
Its why my wife really doesn't like me buying used vehicles, I get into every aspect and that sometimes costs money!
Anything with tracks is going to need more heavy maintenance, same with big guns.
I have replaced a recoil seal on the 105MM M68 main gun on an M60A1, it took days of work as you have to remove the gun and the mantlet.
I spoke to a gent with a Sherman, had to get permits to move it (weight) and hire a lowboy for it to load up on.
As I said before you need infrastructure, land and staff to own armour that moves.

Richard

C25-2.jpg

C25-1.jpg

The upside of a tank is that you can always find a parking spot - even if there's already a car in it. 🙄

I think I'll just cook up some popcorn and watch the auction live.  It's bound to be way more entertaining than their usual parade of Colt SAAs and Winchester lever guns. I wonder how they're going to roll them across the block like Mecum does; they're a bit too heavy to push by hand and qualified tank drivers for that variety of armor may be a skosh hard to find.

Wow. Alan Cors collection, aka The Tank Farm. Have seen these tanks up close and even rode a couple. A fantastic collection.Mr. Cors has the land, infrastructure and staff there. Guess he is getting out of the game ?

The M3 Lee tank named Lulubelle from movie SAHARA ?

Another old timer collector is on the way out.... so sad. Maybe someone benefactor will buy the whole shebang an open a museum.

• 2 weeks later...

If I ever won a power ball lottery when it is over 1 billion.......the collection would be mine.  I would purchase some good tank land, build some maint bays, hire excellent staff to maintain and have a great old time. 

• 4 weeks later...