1921a neoprene buffer source?

You may check with PK. I believe he still makes the polyurethane discs or inserts for the Colt era 1921 buffer pilots.

The polyurethane that PK uses is a custom fit job. In the past, he has asked for you to send him your 1921 guide so that he can guarantee the proper fit/function. As far as I know, he is the only source for these. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 10:58 PM, TGCJ said:

Does someone have contact information for PK - I need several buffers.

I'm gonna get killed for this, but have you considered going to HD and looking at their wide selection of rubber washers? I found some that fit perfect.

I would venture a guess that the buffer discs in any Model of 1921 Colt Thompson, especially one that was used, is very hard and would provide a minimum of buffering, if any. It is very likely that the discs have compressed or disintegrated to the point of providing no buffering and possibly allowing the back of the bolt to hit the buffer tube if fired.  

For more information on this, see page 176 of my third book, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun. 

To see the damage a worn out 1921 buffer pilot can cause, see page 85 in my latest book, Thompson: Colt's, West Hurley's & More. Page 86 has a picture of the 1921/28 hybrid buffer pilot and polyurethane buffer disc manufactured and sold by Board member PK. I highly recommend this buffer pilot if you are going to shoot your Thompson in 1921 style. Given the expense of internal Colt era parts, an original Colt era buffer pilot should be display only.